Thread: SMC application queue

Default SMC application queue

Hi,

I have applied my SMC application on 12th March 2015 to London Immigration branch and my status shows application received. My friend also applied his SMC application in the month of April 2015 in London Immigration branch and we both reside in India and both have applied without job offers. But to our surprise, he got his CO assigned on 20th June 2015 and I am very happy for him as I am not in a hurry to get into NZ right now.

My question is
    1) I have read that applications without job offers will be in a managed queue and picked up for CO assignment. So does that mean any application can be picked up at any time and be assigned a CO.

2) I also feel I might have overseen an email about CO assignment for my application in this case how can I get the information regarding my application.

Regards
    Sandeep

No - well, not out of date order. Assuming that both your applications are being dealt with in the same office, I can think of possible explanations for your experience.

One is the one you have thought of, that you may have missed seeing an email notification.

Another is that not every CO sends out an email saying, 'Hello, your case has been assigned to me to deal with and I am your CO,' immediately upon receiving a batch of files. When a fresh allocation goes to a CO, they then join the back of HIS queue of work waiting to be dealt with. When that happens, he may be still working on several files from the previous allocation, and he will take each of those in order, and do everything he can work at that time, then put each one to the back. It's only when your file works its way to the front of the queue that he will look at your file, and that might be the moment (but not necessarily) that he emails to notify you and introduce himself. Some NEVER do, and the first the applicant knows about having a CO is some months later when some extra information is asked for.

So if your friend's file and yours went to different COs, and your friend's CO had less complicated work on hand at the time than yours did, that could explain the time difference, too. Or he could have the habit of at once announcing himself to the people in the new batch, whereas yours doesn't.

It really isn't helpful to compare the progress of your own and someone else's application through INZ processing. It gets frustrating, because it isn't a race, and it isn't a mechanical process. There are so many variables involved, both in the exact nature of the applications, each individual's life having characteristics that the other doesn't have, and also in the CO's procedure, and the size and complication of his workload at the time, that the big surprise is that there are ever any similarities in timing, not the reverse.

If you want to check whether or not you have a CO yet, you can phone the INZ general number, and the person answering may be able to access the information, possibly.

I can remember a person who submitted his ITA in second week of May also got his CO with in a month. Hmmm should call INZ.

Thanks JandM,

That was very useful information , I was thinking that there would be a single managed queue which will have the applications and every CO would get couple of applications in a timely manner and process them accordingly.

I know this is not a race to be won , but as we are friends and he informed about his CO allotment and Interview next week. I was worried thinking that I might have trashed the email sent by my CO as there was no change in status for both of us in the NZ immigration site.

I am very happy for my friend and would very much love if he travels before me, so that I can have a friend and place to live in NZ for initial months.

Thanks
    Sandeep

Quote Originally Posted by pooh View Post
    I can remember a person who submitted his ITA in second week of May also got his CO with in a month. Hmmm should call INZ.
    Yes pooh,

I too remember this from the other thread of SMC London. Good for both of them and I strongly feel we also would get our CO's allocated very soon .

Regards
    Sandeep