Thread: Thread categories

Default Thread categories

Hi,

I would like to suggest admin to have separate categories for each visa types. Personally I found it very difficult to look for certain visa related posts.

Regards,
    SJ

I am sure the site owner will see what you have written. He is the one who has decided how things are set up here.

Meantime, can I suggest you consider using Google to search our threads? If you enter "site:enz.org (whatever you are looking for)" you will get a collection of hits ONLY from this forum, and the search engine is more precise than the forum's own. For instance, by "entering partner-sponsored work visa" in place of those brackets, you get all these threads. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ored+work+visa If you remember that a particular member said something useful, and you want to find it again, you can enter their username and any words they used. For instance, a post I made years ago about sizes of NZ beds is sometimes helpful to new arrivals, and I find that by putting in "JandM Manchester" (Manchester being the NZ word for bed linen) - here it is, the second hit. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ndM+Manchester

Thanks JandM,

Yes I have tried to search that way but I believe for new members who quickly want to look for something, this is best way to organize posts by visa category so people go straight to those pages and keep on reading all threads.

One more thing, There's advance search available for all the users instead of google search. Google can still miss latest posts but advance search wouldn't.
    link here : http://www.enz.org/forum/search.php

I use if often.

Regards,
    SJ

Well, okay, that's your feeling, but I'm just telling you it's not up to me, and this place remains the same as it was when I joined.

Thy trouble with separating it out would be that there is cross over between the different visa types. For example, if we get a job offer (please!) then we may well have to apply for a temporary work visa at the same time as putting in an EOI for SMC and for our children we'd need to put in student visas and visitor visa applications, potentially. Plus, we would need to go through the process of proving our relationship so that I could get a temp visa or residency or however it turns out. That's quite a few categories just for one family!

It's just occurred to me that one place where all the information is listed separately about the different visas is the INZ website itself.

I agree to what Escapee has said.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It's just occurred to me that one place where all the information is listed separately about the different visas is the INZ website itself.

It might be difficult to enforce people to share their experiences in categories, the questions & sharings here are more subjective so it is likely to add daily administration/maintenance to the moderators