Thread: Rental agencies in Wellington?

Default Rental agencies in Wellington?

Hi there,

We should be arriving in NZ towards the end of January 2006 and were looking for rental accommodation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for letting agents in the Wellington area? We would be looking for a short to medium term let, furnished if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian

Have you tried www.trademe.co.nz and www.stuff.co.nz then pick the property page. Trademe has private and agents listings too.

There are always loads of rentals in the Dominion Post on weds and sats. If you are interested in an agent, pm me and I'll give you our ones details and some more. Our agent was a bit shaky to start with but have since come up trumps.

Do you know which area you want/need to be in?

Deborah

Hi Deborah,

Many thanks for that, it should be really useful. I've been looking around on the Realenz site and the Hutt Valley looks really nice. However, untill we arrive and get a feel for things it is difficult to say with any certainty. However, as we currently live in Hull (worst place in the uk according to C4 television...and probably true!) we are not expecting any real shocks!

I'll try and PM you later when I've got the hang of this thing!

Cheers,

Ian.

We used Guardian First National, www.guardianfirstnational.co.nz and dealt with Jo de Jongh . She was the only agent prepared to help us find and rent somewhere unseen. She faxed the rental agreement through from NZ to the UK and we faxed it back signed. Turned up in NZ, went to see her and pay the deposit, fees and we were in the day after ! !

Also have a look at L J Hooker's website, www.ljhooker.co.nz they have quite a few rental properties as well.

We found it virtually impossible to find somewhere rented though. Ended up renting unfurnished and buying all the basics we needed till the container arrived.

Smile Many Thanks

Hi Sizzlingbadger,
    Many thanks for the information, it sounds really helpful. I'll check the links out later.
    Regards,
    Ian.