Thread: CFA- A recognized qualification?

Default CFA- A recognized qualification?

Hi all, I submitted a pre assessment result (PAR) application to NZQA to evaluate my chartered financial analyst (CFA) qualification. Unfortunately they said that they were unable to evaluate and I need to submit an International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) which will cost me NZD 746.

Even though I'm aware it's necessary to do an IQA, can anyone tell me whether the CFA qualification (ie passed all three levels) is recognized as level 9 (masters) under the IQA? Just wondering if anyone has had their CFA evaluated before. I'm really reluctant to pay NZD 746 just to be told "sorry no"

Thanks so much!

Its my personal opinion i think they will assess and they will say no. They will asess regular stuy in universities lie MBA,graduation etc. These qualification like certification. They will mention your actual level of study and in addition to that they mention you are holding a qualification CFA and its details. You will not claim any level 7/8 /9 for this.

Its my general opinion.

Thanks and regards,

As above, I think CFA is professional certification & qualification rather than regular bachelor or masters degree but I would wait for someone with similar experience. I'm unsure what is your motive to get CFA assessed? Is it for points or just as a supporting document for work experience?

Hi all thank you very much for your feedback. I was hoping to claim level 9 points under my SMC application. I was hoping it would be recognized such as the UK's NARIC (which I think is their version of the NZQA) apparently recognises it as a masters level qualification http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/r...ifications.pdf

Hi Jomjom, I was wondering what the outcome of this thread was and whether you were able to claim level 9 points under the SMC application?