Thread: Please help

Default Please help

Hi all
    I got approved my essential skill work visa 2 days ago and i have just sent my 3 weeks notice to my current employer today so i am confused that can i legaly work here before i start new job as visa label tells that i can only work for my new job??
    Thanks in advance

There isn't enough information here to come to an answer. What sort of visa were you on before?

Yes u can work , after 3 weeks u have to start ur new job

It depends on what visa you were on before, and if the new visa is dated for the date you received it. If the new visa started e.g. yesterday, it has already taken over from the old visa, so working for the old employer is no longer legal. If you have received the new visa but it has a start date of three weeks time, the old visa, depending on what kind it was, may still be valid till then.

Thanks for your reply JandM....Actually I was on essential skill work visa before and it was valid till 9 september 2015 AND NEW visa dated 26th june 2015. Moreover my new employer did not put any specific date on supplementary form and he just mentioned that as soon as i get visa but at the same time i have to work on a notice period according to my old contract
    Last edited by jatin.gill; 29th June 2015 at 09:26 AM.

In that case, I think INZ have just complicated your life. By all means check with them to see if there's anything they can suggest, but I really think they have made it impossible (illegal) for you to work out your notice.