Thread: Your opinion on our chances..

Default Your opinion on our chances..

Hello all,

Would like some advice on what chances we have on being successful with our work partnership visa application.

Quick background history:

I am an Australian Perm Resident originally from England on a resident visa in NZ

My partner is Filipino and had lived in Perth the last 4 years. She is married but separated and has been since April 13. Her visa in Aus was a marriage visa which her husband cancelled upon there separation. She went through appeal due to an physical abuse relationship backed up by evidence. The outcome however went in favor of her husbands and on the 3rd of May she was issued visa refusal and given 28 days to leave Australia.

We met in Perth in Nov 14 and began dating in December and by the 6th of March we had moved in together with a joint lease.

We have gone through a migrant agent to make sure we do everything right.

Evidence we have:

Joint house lease agreement commencing 6th March 15
    Both our bank accounts with our address
    Bills and groceries highlighted on our bank statements
    Telephone line in both our names
    Car insurance with both our names on the policy
    She has a Aus police clearance showing our address
    Joint flybys card
    Her nurse qualifications
    We have statements from our parents, each other and our friends confirming our relationship and intentions going forward
    Photos together and with friends.
    Plus other bits and peices

So after some discussion we both agreed to try and make a new life in NZ. So she left to go back to Philippines on the 21st of May and I came to NZ a week after. I have successfully found a good job and a apartment in Auckland city.

Our application has been in for a week now and just playing the waiting game. Our agent wrote a real good cover letter putting everything there in front of the CO explaining all about her previous relationship so it wont be a shock when reading the application. We have been open and honest with everything and not trying to hide her Australian visa history.

What do you all think
    Last edited by Nurrish; 29th June 2015 at 03:22 PM.