Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC and IQA Results:

Default SMC and IQA Results:

Hello All,

I've lodged ITA without IQA results on April 2015, hoping my qualification will be recognized under Level 8. All payments ( 1225) were made.

Today, I have received disappointing Level 7 result from IQA for my Bachelor's Degree.

I've 4 years Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering from an Indian University and 13+ years of experience in the Information Technology.

To sum it up all.

1. e-Medical Completed
    2. ITA lodged (London Office)
    3. Payments made ($1225)
    4. IQA results are with me, yet to be send to London office.
    5. Case Officer yet to be assigned; Hope they are waiting for the IQA results.

Not sure about the forward path, seeking your expertise.

I appreciate all your suggestions .

Thanks,

Dinesh

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
    Hello All,

I've lodged ITA without IQA results on April 2015, hoping my qualification will be recognized under Level 8. All payments ( 1225) were made.

Today, I have received disappointing Level 7 result from IQA for my Bachelor's Degree.

I've 4 years Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering from an Indian University and 13+ years of experience in the Information Technology.

To sum it up all.

1. e-Medical Completed
    2. ITA lodged (London Office)
    3. Payments made ($1225)
    4. IQA results are with me, yet to be send to London office.
    5. Case Officer yet to be assigned; Hope they are waiting for the IQA results.

Not sure about the forward path, seeking your expertise.

I appreciate all your suggestions .

Thanks,

Dinesh
    Really Sad
    Now go for KA01 (NZ$230) or KA02 (NZ$1100 success depends on your competency proof ) with IPNEZ only way to take a chance, For every Non-Washington Accord Qualification delivered country applicant must assessed all this thing than after apply for EOI, It is my personal experience.

If you based your application on Level 8 but got Level 7, there is no difference in points. If you have claimed the AASS bonus points, this is based on your bachelor degree and the key factor will be whether or not your IQA outcome states that your qualification is comparable to one on the LTSSL for your occupation or is generic. Whether or not you will be assisted by going through IPENZ all depends on the exact IQA outcome. In the field of ICT, my experience is that whenever possible, the IQA is the most improtant factor. If they haven't said it is comparable it is worth asking NZQA whether or not they have considered this and if it could be. It sounds like it might be comparable to "Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) or (Electronic Engineering) or (Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering) or (Network Engineering) or (Software Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)"

As mentioned by Karen, Level 7 or 8 provides you with 50 points and only level 9 entails you with 60 points. You only have to check the IQA result whether they have mentioned your qualification is comparable to "Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) or (Electronic Engineering) or (Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering) or (Network Engineering) or (Software Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)"

If yes, then dont wait any further to send the IQA results as CO is not expected to send you any email/communication asking for missing documents. They may very well mark your lodgement as failed as IQA document is not submitted with your application form.

Else call up NZQA and find out whether they retrospectively accept the Appendix-- B form to issue a comparable outcome instead of generic outcome.
    Last edited by nms.sun3; 30th June 2015 at 04:15 PM.

Default Appendix-B:

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions.

While applying IQA, I indeed sent the Appendix-B to NZQA. But, it has come back to me as if it is not been noticed.

Regards,

Dinesh

Then, as others have said, it is worth asking NZQA. For instance, Karen, who is an LIA, said just above, "If they haven't said it is comparable it is worth asking NZQA whether or not they have considered this and if it could be."

Default Ipnez

Hello Karen/JandM,

NZQA says,
    "I acknowledge the receiving of the LTSSL appendix. We considered the qualifications listed on LTSSL, however as your qualification is in a professional area, professional registration is determined by the relevant professional body, in your case it is IPENZ."

Now, Do you think I should proactively contact IPENZ or send the IQA report to NZ immigration office and wait for case officer to respond to my IQA report.

Moreover, am skeptical about the IPNEZ outcome; Despite being an ICT professional with 13+ year experience, reason behind is

0. Do IPNEZ has anything to do with a ICT professional, to my understanding IPNEZ is for a professional in the field of Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, etc
    1. My qualification is Electronics and Communication Engineering and am working in the field of Computer Network Engineering - Do they rise red flag for that
    2. Currently am in the Middle Management Level ; Do not have Management Qualification is it a set back
    3. Finally, it looks the fees is expensive and on top of all the IPNEZ process is very complicated

A difficult situation ....
    Last edited by dinesh; 2nd July 2015 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
    Hello Karen/JandM,

NZQA says,
    "I acknowledge the receiving of the LTSSL appendix. We considered the qualifications listed on LTSSL, however as your qualification is in a professional area, professional registration is determined by the relevant professional body, in your case it is IPENZ."

Now, Do you think I should proactively contact IPENZ or send the IQA report to NZ immigration office and wait for case officer to respond to my IQA report.

Moreover, am skeptical about the IPNEZ outcome; Despite being an ICT professional with 13+ year experience, reason behind is

0. Do IPNEZ has anything to do with a ICT professional, to my understanding IPNEZ is for a professional in the field of Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, etc
    1. My qualification is Electronics and Communication Engineering and am working in the field of Computer Network Engineering - Do they rise red flag for that
    2. Currently am in the Middle Management Level ; Do not have Management Qualification is it a set back
    3. Finally, it looks the fees is expensive and on top of all the IPNEZ process is very complicated

A difficult situation ....
    http://www.ipenz.org.nz/ipenz/Engine...ngineering.cfm
    Pl check this link,your occupation fall under IPENZ.

Hello Dinesh,

May I ask you to put down here the assessment wordings from NZQA against your qualification. Also, what was your nominated occupation you put in EOI and in Appendix B.

Thanks.

Default Appendix-B and IQA Report:

Quote Originally Posted by Monu View Post
    Hello Dinesh,

May I ask you to put down here the assessment wordings from NZQA against your qualification. Also, what was your nominated occupation you put in EOI and in Appendix B.

Thanks.

Hi Monu,

Appendix-B and Reports of NZQA are attached for your reference.

Please throw some ray of hope, if any.

Regards,

Dinesh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dinesh; 6th July 2015 at 07:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast