Thread: job Offer - visa type

Default job Offer - visa type

Hi All,
    Soon I will have a job offer from accredited employer for a permanent position. I already have 140 points for EOI which includes my spouse qualification. For now I am going to be alone my wife and 2 kids will join later. Now with job offer I have few question please suggest

1. Should I go with WTR visa or to proceed with EOI for residence as skilled migrant?
    2. SMC with job offer will speed up the process?
    3. If my employer asks me to do WTR will I be able to apply for residence from NZ or will it be difficult as my family will be not in NZ and have to do documents from 2 different location. Is this feasible?
    4. what is the difference in term of benefits between WTR and residence mainly from medical and education as I have 2 kids.

Thanks in advance

1. Most people with a job offer do both, because the WTR can be processed more quickly, meaning that the employer does not have to wait too long for their worker to arrive in NZ and start. Meanwhile, the application for Residence can tick along, taking the time it takes. A lot of the evidence is the same for both visas, so that is useful. The WTR gives you the right to sponsor your wife for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, and your children for student visas, to match yours for length of time (so there need be no delay in your wife and children joining you as soon as is convenient). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm You can apply for these at the same time as the WTR, linking them with a covering letter, and the CO will supply your visa number etc., as those things become available.

2. It would be quicker than without a job offer, but not as fast as WTR.

3. It is perfectly all right to apply for residence from within NZ. Of course, if the rest of the family aren't there with you, it will be more complicated, but it's perfectly doable.

4. Health - as long as you have a work visa that is for 24 months at least, you have the right to use the NZ Health Service on the same terms as NZ residents and citizens. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...-years-or-more And those on resident visas are entitled to use it. http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...land-residents
    Education - with either student visas or residence, your children are entitled to go to school in NZ as domestic students.

Many thanks JandM, Karren for your help so far. I have applied for my WTR - accredited employer also got EOI selected today with job offer. For now waiting for an update on WTR application made and ITA for the EOI selected.

I have a query here, as my EOI includes job offer I have from an accredited employer will it have a clause saying that I should work only for that employer or at least for a certain duration or so? If yes, what will be the duration and whether duration I work with WTR visa will be taken into consideration? Looks like I will start early with WTR as it might be approved sooner than SMC.

You only get a Section 49(1) condition if you have not yet worked for three months in your NZ job, in which case the condition is to work in the named job for three months, after which time you can go to INZ and prove you have done your three months and are still there in that employment, and they will issue another sticker (for free) without the condition on it. By the time your Residence has been processed, you will almost certainly have already been in your job three months, and even if you haven't quite, you soon will have. Your Residence when it is issued will take over from (cancel out) the WTR, so from that point on, you won't be restricted as to where you work - or only by the terms of your contract, such as giving the agreed period of notice if you wish to leave.

I have received ITA and see Immigration Officer name without contact details in signature. Is immigration officer my CO? How can I get his/her contact please.

Also looks like I will be in NZ before I submit the documents. In such case can I pay and submit documents to NZ office instead of London. If yes what should be procedure.

No, that person will not be your CO. Your case will only be allocated to a CO after you have submitted the ITA. Part of this old post http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....690#post450690 is relevant.

When you are about to leave, tell INZ. As soon as you arrive in NZ, contact INZ and give them your new contact details. Your case will then be transferred to a NZ office for processing.

thanks JandM, can I pay and submit in Auckland once I reach NZ instead of London or I have to pay by selecting London even though I am in NA at the time of submitting documents..

It will have been transferred to a NZ office, so all the details will be changed to refer to THAT office, not London.