Thread: Advice on what do. ITA received Specific outcome on IQA but not an exact match on LTSSL

Default Advice on what do. ITA received Specific outcome on IQA but not an exact match on LTSSL

Dear All,

I have been sent an ITA. I received the result of IQA from NZQA with a specific outcome stated below:

Comprehensive outcome [/B]: A bachelor of Engineering degree at level 7 (360 credits) and a quqlification at level 7 (120 credits)

Comment: A Bachelor of Engineering Technology in the assessment outcome above specializes in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

The question is can I claim point on the LTSSL under ICT Professionals (261111 to 263312).

Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Computer and Mobile Systems Engineering) or (Electronic Engineering) or (Network and Communication Engineering) (NZQF Level 7) is listed but not Electrical and Electronic Engineering

I will appreciate any suggestion

Hello.

We have some Licensed Immigration Advisers who post on the forum, and I think they are the best ones to give you an opinion on this. I hope they'll be online soon to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by isahs View Post
    Dear All,

I have been sent an ITA. I received the result of IQA from NZQA with a specific outcome stated below:

Comprehensive outcome [/B]: A bachelor of Engineering degree at level 7 (360 credits) and a quqlification at level 7 (120 credits)

Comment: A Bachelor of Engineering Technology in the assessment outcome above specializes in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

The question is can I claim point on the LTSSL under ICT Professionals (261111 to 263312).

Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Computer and Mobile Systems Engineering) or (Electronic Engineering) or (Network and Communication Engineering) (NZQF Level 7) is listed but not Electrical and Electronic Engineering

I will appreciate any suggestion
    You wont be able to unless your specialization is an exact match to the one mentioned in LTSSL document. Did you submit the Appendix-B form while submitting your documents for ITA. I had done my bachelors on Electronics & Instrumentation and received Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electronic Engineering) as the outcome for my IQA which allowed me to claim bonus points.

I am not sure whether NZQA will accept the Appendix-B as your results are declared. I would suggest giving them a call and find out whether they can accept the Appendix-B form retrospectively.

Hi. Very occasionally, a degree is so close that it is allowed but I cannot be sure. Have a look at this http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/nzqf/search/...status=Current. Check out al the ones with the same title with which NZQA have said you compare. Go into the detail and look at the topics covered and he topics you covered in your degree. How much similarity is there? If you think you have a case for arguing that yours should have been deemed comparable to one of the degrees on the LTSSL then contact NZQA and ask if it is possible to get this changed. Good luck!

Thanks Karen for your advice,

I have compared my courses and some of the ones listed on the link you sent and they are quite similar except that mine had extra courses in Electrical Engineering. I have sent mail to my assessor and await his response

I claimed point for Electronics Technology and had tough time convincing the CO that most of my subjects from 3rd Semester till end of course were related to Computer Science & hardware (in Masters). You are on the right track by sending as much course contents as possible and show the relativity between the courses. In the end, our Case Officer was convinced and had no issues accepting the explanation.

Thanks to SUN777 for the information

My IQA evaluator replied that he could not amend my outcome and I should contact INZ for questions on points. I called INZ call center the person that answered was of the opinion that I could go ahead and lodge the ITA application and he logged the my inquiry on their system. He said if they have any contrary opinion I will be contacted.

I also noticed that apart from certificates they also requested that I forward academic transcript I was wondering if that is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by isahs View Post
    I also noticed that apart from certificates they also requested that I forward academic transcript I was wondering if that is normal.
    Sounds normal, we forwarded that too. Use it to present the information on how the subjects are inter-related and relevant.

Hi nms.sun3,

I have sent my qualification assessment to NZQA for B.E in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, the outcome of my application is A Bachelor's Degree at level 7.

Please if you can advise.

Thanks & Regards,
    phanindra