Thread: Permanent resident, renewing UK passport question...

Default Permanent resident, renewing UK passport question...

Hi folks,

I have a question and any help would be appreciated. I can't get through to immigration to check as my credit runs out whilst on hold!

I have a PRV and am currently travelling for a few months en route back to NZ. Whilst in the UK I renewed my soon to expire passport which had my PRV label in it. The label said please transfer into new passport but I did a web search after renewing my passport and thought I found something on NZ immigration website that said I didn't have to. Checking the site again in the last few days, all I can find are instructions to send the old and new passports together to get my PRV labels in my new passport.

Did I make this up in my head? Has anyone else seen somewhere that all info is stored electronically and there is no need to get your PRV labels put in a new passport?

Part 2 of the question, I have sent my old passport back to NZ so currently only have my new one. If I do need to update my passport before returning to NZ, can I go to an NZ embassy to get this done and will it be possible without my old passport containing my PRV?

Thanks in advance
    Neil
    Last edited by nellyb39; 30th June 2015 at 11:21 AM.

Last time we got in similar situation, at that time OH submitted the old and new passport at INZ (Queenstreet) and they added visa on the new passport but did sight the old one.

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1137
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ningresidents/

I have never seen anything suggesting that it wasn't necessary to transfer a visa into a new passport.

The only mention I can find of INZ moving to using passport free and label-less visas is this http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...h-platform.htm, which has no mention of anything concerning residence.

Default Thank you for the answers

Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond. As I suspected, I seem to have completely made this up!

I'll be heading to the embassy in Buenos Aires armed with scans of my PRV in my old passport!

Or is there someone who could post your old one back to you if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Or is there someone who could post your old one back to you if necessary?
    That would be the safest option