Thread: Residence Visa - Family Category [Certified Evidence]

Default Residence Visa - Family Category [Certified Evidence]

Hi all, just some additional questions.

Aside from the copies of the official documents (eg. Passport bio-data, PRV, Birth and Marriage Certificate) needed to be certified as true copy,
    How about those copies of evidence to proof that my husband and I have been living together (eg. bills, bank statements, etc)? Do these need to be certified as well?

And also, since we are already married (for 4 years now), is it necessary to request testimonials from close friends in regards to my relationship with my husband?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by chkoh View Post
    Hi all, just some additional questions.

Aside from the copies of the official documents (eg. Passport bio-data, PRV, Birth and Marriage Certificate) needed to be certified as true copy,
    How about those copies of evidence to proof that my husband and I have been living together (eg. bills, bank statements, etc)? Do these need to be certified as well?

And also, since we are already married (for 4 years now), is it necessary to request testimonials from close friends in regards to my relationship with my husband?

Thanks in advance!
    Testimonials may not be needed if you can other supporting documents like tenancy agreement/bank statements/letters addressed to the same address/tickets & accommodation bookings made for your travel as a couple etc.

We had sent in few of them(tenancy agreement) as certified copies and the rest as copies/printouts from email.

I went to the Commissioner of Oaths to get certified true copies but was rejected by the lawyer to stamp any of the documents.
    It seems that it is not their job to certify true copy of any documents for oversea use. Only Notary Public can do that. (NP is pricey!)
    Why can't the Commissioner of Oaths certify them if they are lawyers?

So I try to look for another option, and I found that the documents can be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Consular Division. Anyone heard about this?

Colour me confused!!

You can get any practising lawyer in Malaysia to certify for you.
    Testimonies or letters of support from your parents and your wife's parents would be good.