Thread: Residency Processing Time frame

Default Residency Processing Time frame

Hi All,

I have found that the forum members here are very helpful and hence I thought I might get some opinions from you all.

I am planning to apply for my residency under SMC. I have read many stories on the various time frames for the residency process. I was just hoping if I could get some idea on how long my case would be for and it would also be great if everyone could share their experiences on their residency process as it would give us newbies all an idea of what its like

I am only planning to claim points for my Age, NZ Qualification and an permanent full time ongoing skilled employment in the same area of study in NZ. I have no partners. How long do you think they would take to verify my details once my CO has been allocated? It would be great if there are any engineers in here who went through this process.

Thanks all!

Well it varies on case to case basis.

If you are already on a Work Visa then it may be slow as you are holding a visa / job and present in NZ. It may be faster if you are applying for a SMC visa along with the job offer.