Thread: How to Interpretate

Default How to Interpretate

Dear Jandm/Karen
    PL guide me

CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER is on the following lists:
    Requirements to claim points for skilled employment (Category A)
    A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.

ROADING AND INFRASTRUCTURE
    Requirements to claim bonus points
    EITHER (A):
    One of the following qualifications:
    - Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Civil) (NZQF Level 8)
    - Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management) (NZQF Level 7)
    - Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Highways) (NZQF Level 7)
    - Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil) (NZQF Level 7)
    - Graduate Diploma in Construction Project Management (NZQF Level 7)
    - Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Highways) (NZQF Level 7)
    AND
    a minimum of five years' relevant post-qualification work experience
    OR (B):
    One of the following qualifications:
    - Diploma of Engineering (Civil) (NZQF Level 6)
    - National Diploma in Construction Management (NZQF Level 6)
    - New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil) (NZQF Level 6)
    - Diploma in Engineering Technology (Highways) (NZQF Level 6)
    AND
    a Project Management qualification
    AND
    a minimum of five years' relevant post-qualification work experience (My experience more than 10 years)

As Per NZQA my qualification is Bachelor's Degree at level 7 ,Generic. NZQA advised to referred IPENZ due to non-Washington accord degree, but it is not specified in list.Not even mention letter from IPENZ.
    INZ advised if want to claim bonus point must comparable to given qualification.My question is how it's possible for overseas graduate to compare the same qualification?

Skill shortage list notes
    Note 1: Overseas qualifications must be comparable to the standard of the New Zealand qualification listed or a qualification listed in the New Zealand Standard Classification of Education.

Note 2: Where post qualification work experience is included as a requirement it applies to all qualifications listed for the occupation (unless otherwise indicated).

Note 3: Qualifications held by applicants claiming points under the Skilled Migrant Category based on the Long Term Skill Shortage List must be recognised under Skilled Migrant Category.

Note 4: Where a Washington Accord accredited undergraduate engineering degree is a requirement, the engineering degree has to be awarded from or after the date the country became a signatory, and must be on the list of accredited programs of the signatory country. To determine if an engineering degree awarded is Washington Accord accredited, please refer to the links from the International Engineering Alliance on their website: http://www.ieagreements.org/Washingt...Accredited.cfm.

Note 5: Where New Zealand registration is specified as a requirement and states "a qualification(s) in this area of absolute skill shortage is/are...", a person only needs to hold the particular New Zealand registration and to have undertaken any necessary work experience in order to meet the requirements of the list. In these cases, qualifications are listed only for the purposes of people applying for work visas under WF4.1.

Above three requirement fulfil by me.

Dear JandM/Karen
    Any Idea?

They are in the UK they wont be out of bed for a while yet .....try later :-)

This is beyond my knowledge. I hope Karen will be able to shed some light on it.

Thanks JandM
    One thing please tell me what is difference between IQA assessment outcome "A Qualification at Level 7" and "A Bachelor's degree at Level 7".