Thread: life in nz

Default life in nz

Can anyone tell me will i maintain a good living in NZ being on 70.0000 a year with wife and son?

It's pretty much an impossible question not knowing what you consider to be a good living and where you intend to live. $70K is well above the national average (nearly double I think) but that's not saying much.

Hi there,
    If you are looking to like near Auckland, you will struggle with regards rent or mortgage. We are currently in a rented home in the Auckland area and paying around $600 per week. My wife and I have a combined income of around $185,000 and when we come to buy a home, it won't be easy.

In other parts of the country, you should be fine though.

I'm in Wellington and between the wife and I we make about $75,000 yr we have a son and do just fine bt it really depends on what you want.

Only if you're outside Auckland.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "good." But most people would be quite comfortable on $70K per year.

Hi,

We have 1 toddler, another on the way and we live very comfortably doing the things we love which is outdoor stuff like cycling, walks and other outdoor stuff. There are a lot of wonderful free/cheap outings depending what you are into, we found what you spend in one hand you save in somewhere else. We only have an income of around $60k as I stopped worked working to have children! Like everyone says on here, what you mean by "good" ?