Thread: Telephone interview done SMC Henderson branch

Default Telephone interview done SMC Henderson branch

Hi guys,

AR in early April 2015, got phone call from CO this Monday. No emails to my boss or further evidence requirement to me yet. Quite anxious about what is going to happen next. Just wondering if any of you could comment on the following.

Physically, I have been working in NZ alone since last Nov, while my husband who I married for more than 9 years and our son lived in our home country. At the end of my telephone interview, CO asked if I have lived with my husband for more than 12 months. My initial reaction was "NO" from last Nov till now. CO said if I have not lived for more than 12 months, then my husband and son would not be able to be included in the application. I further explained that we had married for more than 9 years and lived together ever since until last Nov. However, CO still said that he needed to go through the evidence submitted to see if he would require more, and the worst outcome would be having my husband and son removed from the application.

It is not a concern at all when I first started the application because our marrige is geniune and solid. I think the way CO asked this question kind confused me, and my initial answer was negative to CO's first sense.

Could anyone give me any idea? What do you think it is likely to go?

Cheers.

Obviously, you having misunderstood the question in the first place and said 'no', that gave him the wrong impression, so he was bound to warn you. If you hadn't spent 12 months living together, he would have to act as he said, but your follow-up answer when you realized should have started to straighten things out. If you gave proof of living together all that time along with your ITA, then when the CO goes back and looks again at the file, he will see that it's there. What evidence did you submit?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Obviously, you having misunderstood the question in the first place and said 'no', that gave him the wrong impression, so he was bound to warn you. If you hadn't spent 12 months living together, he would have to act as he said, but your follow-up answer when you realized should have started to straighten things out. If you gave proof of living together all that time along with your ITA, then when the CO goes back and looks again at the file, he will see that it's there. What evidence did you submit?
    Thanks JandM a lot for your comment. I submitted the following as the evidence for living together for more than 12 months.

-2 mails for each of us at the same address every year from 2007 to 2014.
    -photos of us together and with family members or friends from early days to 2014
    -statement of joint bank account
    -bank transaction records showing that money wired from my husband to our joint account between Nov 2014 and Apr 2015
    -air tickets showing that my husband and son visited me in Feb 2015
    -train tickets with our names on
    -supporting letters from our parents, and a supporting letter with a close friend (NZ citizen)
    -marriage certificate
    -birth certificate of our son

I hope the above submitted will be enough to convince the CO......

Fingers crossed for you that it all goes through all right. ++++++++++++++

Thank you JandM again. At the same time, no clue what is the following procedure going to be. No emails to me or my employer yet.