Thread: Immigration NZ Processing Times Questionnaire.

Default Immigration NZ Processing Times Questionnaire.

Hi,

One thing that frustrates me is the lack of simple data that there is on how long stuff takes to get processed.

I am thinking about creating a simple online questionnaire that includes some basic questions so that over time I will be able to report back to this forum on how long stuff has taken and is taking to be processed. I think this would stop allot of the simple questions that get asked on a regular basis on the forum.

Do you think this is a good idea? Has it been done before?

This is where you guys come in, I would like your feedback whilst I set this up. What questions do you think should be included? What information would you like to see?

Proposed Questions:

-Type of VISA?
    -Country of Residence?
    -Processing Branch?
    -Dates (EOI lodged, Application lodged, VISA received)

*please note this is a personal project and I have no affiliation with Immigration NZ.

Kind Regards

Robert

First version of the questionnaire: https://robertnpmk.wufoo.com/forms/m1wdo40z0w4a4qm/

Feedback is appreciated.

I know this is something a lot of people ask. But what never seems to go over, although forum old hands often say it, is that, even if one had answers from everyone who ever got a visa, this data actually would not help the newcomer know what THEIR process will be.

It's a false assumption that everything will, or even ought to be, the same. (Variations arise from several sources. Each person's personal circumstances are individual, requiring different amounts of input from the INZ official to check their evidence. Replies from outside parties (institutions that awarded their qualifications, former employers verifying their experience) may not be treated urgently, and may have to be waited for. The workload in any INZ office is not regular, and can come in unpredictable waves. It can be disrupted by such things as staff illness (e.g. flu epidemic), or several staff leaving and new ones requiring training. Your CO can be delayed in returning to your case by complicated matters they are dealing with on another case in their work allocation.)

Hi JandM,

I understand perfectly what you mean but without any information it is hard to have a guideline. That is all its meant to be, is to give people a rough idea. If you have special circumstances or there are things happening that are out of your control of course the processing times are going to differ. As with all data collection/reporting you try and take the variables into account and look at the data with the knowledge its a trend not a exact measure.

Rob

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by robertnpmk View Post
    Hi JandM,

I understand perfectly what you mean but without any information it is hard to have a guideline. That is all its meant to be, is to give people a rough idea. If you have special circumstances or there are things happening that are out of your control of course the processing times are going to differ. As with all data collection/reporting you try and take the variables into account and look at the data with the knowledge its a trend not a exact measure.

Rob
    I think it's a good idea as a rough guide. INZ also publishes average processing times for each branch, but I find it helpful to look at other people's experiences too.

Are you able to alter the form so users can submit multiple entries? I have completed your survey for the processing of my WHV, however I'll also be able to complete it for 2 more temporary visas - the form is limited to one entry per user.

Partnership work and residence visa is not available in drop down to select. Can you add them please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vishalvl View Post
    Partnership work and residence visa is not available in drop down to select. Can you add them please

Thanks
    Added, Thanks.

Hi, It was a restriction to 1 entry per IP, but I will update this.

Thanks.

are you planning to post an update from the form here regularly?