Thread: IELTS result instead of "Education in English" University letter

Default IELTS result instead of "Education in English" University letter

Hello all,

I scored an overall IELTS avg of 7.5 (I'm the main EOI app.) and my partner scored an overall 8.

Both of us scored a minimum of 6.5 in every module, that number being the lowest for any of us in any 1 specific module.

I'm a non-native English speaker. At the time of EOI, to one of the English related questions, I answered that I'll stage a claim based of the fact that the medium of instruction in my University study, both Bachelor's and Master's was English. I understand that a letter in this regard from the University is a necessity as evidence.

Just to kind of save myself and my partner some precious time running around and behind University officials, are we allowed to just submit our IELTS reports as primary means of proving our English skills? We already have the Test result report from IELTS dated about a month back. Is this change in our stand at ITA app time v/s what we put in my EOI a stand acceptable by INZ?

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot!
    laxgr

Yes, you can alter what is printed on the ITA.

Thanks JandM!

Does it suffice to produce certified IELTS report or an original will be required? If original, will INZ return the same after the ITA app. process?

Or just a link stating my candidature number is more than enough? Please guide me to a web-link if any.

You need to send the certificate http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1060.pdf, and yes, they return all original documents that you send.

Quote Originally Posted by laxgr View Post
    Thanks JandM!

Does it suffice to produce certified IELTS report or an original will be required? If original, will INZ return the same after the ITA app. process?

Or just a link stating my candidature number is more than enough? Please guide me to a web-link if any.
    Yes, you need to send the originals along with a copy and INZ will return the original once your stamping is done.

Any changes to the information mentioned in your EOI can be made in the application form sent to you with the ITA pack. You can strike out the information which needs correction/update in the form in its respective page and then update Page#56 with the new/updated information along with the Question# and Page#.

For example, if you need to update your residential address, then strike out the Address details mentioned in Page#4/Question#A14. Go to Page#56 and update the table with Question#A14, Page#4 and New address. We have had lots of changes/updates and we had to add two copies of Page#56 to capture the update/new information.

Thank you very much JandM for the link and nms.sun3 for sharing your experience.

This will come in handy at the time of my ITA application.

Regards,
    laxgr