Thread: boarderline HbA1c 41 mmol

Default boarderline HbA1c 41 mmol

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could offer some advise or insights.

I'm applying for post-study open work visa after I give birth to my baby.
    My visa expires at the end of August and my baby is due at the end of July.

I noticed that if I apply for the visa now, the immigration would only offer me 3months of visa (because I'm exempt from doing x-ray due to pregnancy). I asked immigration officer and was advised to submit the visa applications for me and my family after the birth of the baby, so I can submit the x-ray after the birth of the baby.

So, I took e-medical exam when I was 36weeks pregnant and was found to have borderline HbA1c 41mmol .
    (HbA1c: 41 mmol/mol ( < 41 ) H) The normal range is till 40mmol.

My midwife wrote a letter for me containing the following.

"On May 24th 2015, when under the care of another midwife, Juri had a NORMAL Glucose Tolerance Test result as below. She did previously have a slightly elevated Polycose though she had not had any prior instances of Glycosuria or risk factors for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM). The Glucose Tolerance Test is the definitive Diagnostic test for GDM. These and all her pathology tests during this pregnancy have been done and are available through Labtests (Auckland).
    Ref. Range
    Fasting Glucose 4.0 mmol/L (3.5 - 5.4)
    2.0 hour Glucose 8.4 mmol/L (< 9.0)

Glucose Load 75g

Normal pregnancy GTT.
    "

The nurse at the medical centre I took the medical exam said that I don't need any follow up test, but I'm still concerned because, I know
    some people did get referred to medical assessor for the borderline abnormality in HbA1c.

Is there anything I should do right now to make sure visa applications go through smoothly?
    My husband's open work visa and my daughter's student visa would be based on my visa, so I would like to avoid any time delay as much as possible.

Thank you for reading.

Kind Regards

I think you've done all you sensibly can for the moment, by sending the midwife's letter. Good luck!

Thank you JandM Now it looks like e-medicals been uploaded. I'll go get the X-ray done as soon as I pop the baby out. Then submit the whole applications.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that it would be alright in the end.
    Thank you.

Yes, fingers crossed, for safe and happy delivery, and all that follows. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++