Thread: How to prove past work experience

Question How to prove past work experience

My husband and I have been working in NZ for just over a year and want to submit our expression of interest we have 140 points, if selected from the pool we would need to prove his work experience in the UK but his experience which is relevant to his position (which is skilled) is proving very difficult to obtain its experience which is now over 10 years ago the company he worked for is no longer in existence we have no payslips, tax returns can not find any of the previous employers or his boss ,tax office do not have records that far back,however we have applied and received a national insurance statement which gives the name and dates of the company he worked for and his earnings and contributions payed but it obviously does not give the information on his position and exact start and finish date, if you do a online search of the company its obvious what type of business this was and that it is relevant to his present employment in NZ, are we wasting our time or does anyone have any idea if immigration would accept an affidavit from him with regard to his employment history.

Any ideas would be welcome

What people usually do in this situation is get someone who also worked in the company - e.g. HR, line manager, or colleague - to give a letter saying what job they held, that they worked full-time, that they had to be qualified as (whatever), and what their responsibilities were. Such a person has to be available during the processing, because INZ will contact them to check that they genuinely wrote the letter. INZ seem to need there to be a third party they can check with, in order to tick this item off as being proved.

Thank you but that is the problem can not find any information on anyone who worked there have tried electoral register, the UK telephone directory and posting on Facebook with no success.

Can you get information from company registrars/govt business directory in UK? They usually have company details and the log of events.

I'm in quite a similar situation, as my husband's work experience is thru his family business.

And, the 3rd party that can verify his past work experiences are his father (previous company director) and his sister (current company director).