Thread: Resident Visa Applicatio - Question related to Close Family member

Post Resident Visa Applicatio - Question related to Close Family member

Hi,

While filing a Resident Visa application, there is a question which help the applicant(s) gaining points. It is related to a close family member in NZ. Question is:
    Reference
    Do you have a close family member living in New Zealand (adult brother or sister, adult child, or parent), who is a resident or citizen of New Zealand? For more details of which family members qualify see the Help for this page or SM20.5.
    Link: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30869.htm

Please help. Can a close family member who is included in the application of Primary Applicant gain points for his/her Resident Visa Application? In this case, Primary Applicant hasn't obtained PR but on Resident Visa and is in NZ.

Regards
    Ankur

To hold a Residence visa is what is required - it doesn't matter if the sibling, adult child or parent got the Residence as a subsidiary applicant. Once that Residence is granted, it is THEIRS, with full rights. It doesn't have to be PR.

Hi Jandm,

I am holding a RV. My sister would like to claim point under "Close family in New Zealand", apart from holding resident visa, it also stated New Zealand must be their primary of place.

does it imply point will not be awarded if I am not permantly staying in NZ?

Your advise pls.

Thanks

Basically, yes. INZ will only award the points if, since gaining Residence, you have shown that you are making NZ your main home base in life, living and working there. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30868.htm