Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitor visa queries.

Default Visitor visa queries.

Hi all,

I'm in a process of applying nz visitor visa for my parents (from India), and confused with the visa category.

Anyone please clarify:-

1) What is the difference between a General Category Visitor Visa & Parents/Grand parents category visa?
    2) Which one of the above will be approved quickly?
    3) If i apply for general category visitor visa, do my parents need to submit medical and police clearance certificates?

Cheers,

1. General visitor's visa - the person is allowed to stay for the length of the visa granted. They then have to leave NZ and cannot get another visitor's visa till they have stayed away for an equal length of time. Parent/grandparent visa - the possibilities are explained throughout this thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47107

2. Probably the visitor's visa, as there is less to check out than for the other one.

3. About the health requirement. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/.../0/INZ1121.pdf Therefore, if they're intending a stay of less than 6 months, no medical will be required. And no police check either.

Thanks JandM.

Hi JandM,

Will the visa have must arrive before travel date mentioned on it?

I have already booked the travel tickets for my parents for the month of December 2015, when is the ideal time to apply for the visa?

If suppose i apply now i.e. august 2015, will the visa have start date of the month on which the visa is issued or it will have december 2015 date (on which the flight tickets has been booked)?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Cheers,

I don't know. Being from a visa-waiver country, I've never applied in the way you have for a visitor's visa. I expect someone will be along who will know the answer to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb1985 View Post
    Hi JandM,

Will the visa have must arrive before travel date mentioned on it?

I have already booked the travel tickets for my parents for the month of December 2015, when is the ideal time to apply for the visa?

If suppose i apply now i.e. august 2015, will the visa have start date of the month on which the visa is issued or it will have december 2015 date (on which the flight tickets has been booked)?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Cheers,
    When we applied for visitor visa way back in May'08, it was granted for specific period for which I had asked.

Hi,

I recently applied for my parents. What I have seen from last 2 times:

1. First time, the visa is valid for 1 - year. Start date is from the date of approval.
    2. Second time, the visa is valid for 6 - months and duration is 5 - months.

I saw there is no relevance to the flight tickets.

Regards,
    Raju

@Sun777..thnx for the reply.

How much time they will give to enter NZ after they approve the visitor visa?

Cheers,

HI Raju,

Thanks for your reply.

Was there any travel conditions, when your parents received their visa forby the first time, i mean like any specific date mentioned on visa by then they should arrive in NZ?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by jsb1985 View Post
    @Sun777..thnx for the reply.

How much time they will give to enter NZ after they approve the visitor visa?

Cheers,
    Hi,
    We provided plans for 10 days of travel and were given about 1 month time visa validity. Ours trip at that time was specific to recce and job hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast