Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for SMC residence visa

Default Waiting for SMC residence visa

Hii everyone
    I have applied Ma residency visa on 22 December 2014 as a customer service manager from supermarket New Zealand thn I got visa officer allocated on Ma application on 2 of July 2015 he wrote he has done with initial assessment and he is waiting fr external verification of information once it returned to immigration he will be able to continue. Can anyone tell me what will happen next pls
    I really appreciate it thank you

Once the verification is done CO will give you approx dates for Interview and based on your mutual understanding there will be interview.

Actually, you will not have the standard 'CO's interview' that you see many SMC applicants talking about. Those CO interviews have to be done for everyone applying for Residence who doesn't have a job or job offer in NZ. Someone WITH a job or job offer doesn't need such an interview, because obviously, they have already proved that they can get a job.

But INZ COs have the right to interview/talk to applicants (and people verifying their evidence) about any matter concerning the application, if that seems to be the best way of getting necessary information. That is much rarer than the settlement and contribution interview mentioned above, however.

In your case, besides verifying all your evidence of qualifications and experience as appropriate, he will also need information from your employer, both to make sure the business is secure, and about the exact job you do. You and your boss may well both have to talk to him, to answer some questions about your exact responsibilities, and the fact that you are properly qualified to do the job. The job description needs to match as closely as possible with the description of that career at ANZSCO. The CO may well want to make sure you are saying the same thing about the work that you do.

Thank you so much
    Bt he is talking about initial assessment what does that mean ?
    How do I know how long it's going to make decision on Ma application.

Initial assessment is just another way of saying 'the first look-through'. The CO has looked at your papers to check that the evidence you have sent will prove all the things you have claimed points for, as long as they are genuine. The verification with other people is to find out that they are genuine.

There is no way to tell how long it will take for the CO to work your case. He has to wait for all those other people to reply to him, for one thing, and they may not be in any particular hurry to answer him. Also, every CO is working other cases in their turn as well as yours, so there can be times when replies come back but he does not look at them straight away because he is busy working on another file - when it is your file's turn again, then he will see what answers have come.

(By the way, where you are writing 'Ma', it needs to be 'my'.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    (By the way, where you are writing 'Ma', it needs to be 'my'.)
    I had tough time reading it too, on one side I was reading it as Medical Assessor and then converting it back to 'my'...ah the hoodie lingo

Hi Navneet,

It also depends on the things like how many jobs they need to verify. Whether you have included more than one job for which you have claimed points. Generally it takes less time if you have claimed points for current job as previous employers may take some time to reply to immigration enquiries. I have also heard somewhere that Immigration NZ has separate agency to do the verification work. Once the external verification is completed, in most cases it wont take long time to complete the assessment of you case. You can also your current employer if they have already received email/call from your CO or not.

Good Luck

Thank you vicusmile
    My employer got questinare long time ago bt he didn't rply to case officer n deleted his email.
    My employer thought its random survey so I have to request new questinare.
    Hopefully CO will send it again tomorrow.
    And I claimed points only for my current job
    Thank you for your support

Thank goodness you found out what the employer had done, in time to put it right!

Yeh I keep my finger crossed
    I will receive questinare 2mw and send it back by Wednesday Hopefuly it will satisfy my CO ����

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast