Thread: Nzqa IQA: Generic outcome despite submitting Appendix B.

Default Nzqa IQA: Generic outcome despite submitting Appendix B.

I am a software professional looking for LTSSL points under software engineer occupation. I have 9 years of experience of same.

Today, I received my IQA report where my bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering has been assessed as 'Bachelor degree at level 7'. This came as generic outcome.

I had specifically asked for specific outcome in assessment of my qualification. I have submitted Appendix B as well along with a covering letter in which I requested about it.

I don't understand why they have given such a generic outcome despite being requesting specific outcome and supplying all my 9 years of employment references documents.

They also suggested to go for IPENZ asking for comparibility assessment. But my doubt is, since I am software engineer and don't have the requirements to go for occupational registration, why i need to go for KA02 (assuming) assessment. All I need is specific comparable name of my qualification.

I was hoping to get 145 points, but after this report now reduced to 120!

Does that mean it is end of NZ dream!!!

I don't understand why they have given such a generic outcome despite being requesting specific outcome and supplying all my 9 years of employment references documents.
    If INZ give a specific outcome for a foreign qualification, what it means is that they have found that the subject-matter studied is very similar to that studied for the award of a current NZ qualification. When someone fills in the Appendix B form, it is asking them please to look and see if their degree is equivalent to those NZ degrees mentioned for their career in the LTSSL. But if it isn't - if the subject matter is not similar enough to any of them - they can't say it is equivalent, so they can't give a specific outcome.

Equivalence isn't anything to do with your work experience, only with the subject-matter of your degree.

IPENZ do cover the field of electrical engineering. http://www.ipenz.org.nz/ipenz/Engine...ngineering.cfm And they explain here the various ways they can help to assess foreign qualifications which have not been given a specific outcome by NZQA. https://www.ipenz.org.nz/IPENZ/Caree...ifications.cfm

Thanks JandM for the information.

I was wondering if there are any members here who may have faced the similar situation. There is very limited information available on the web about IPENZ knowledge assessment level 2, so little uncomfortable about it.

May I request all the members of this elite forum to post their experiences around level 2 knowledge assessment of IPENZ.

Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Monu View Post
    Thanks JandM for the information.

I was wondering if there are any members here who may have faced the similar situation. There is very limited information available on the web about IPENZ knowledge assessment level 2, so little uncomfortable about it.

May I request all the members of this elite forum to post their experiences around level 2 knowledge assessment of IPENZ.

Thanks alot.
    Hi Monu,

If you are sure about assessment (KA1/KA2), than you send an email to the IPENZ, to get the application form and the requirements . There is NO need to waste time in exploring IPENZ website, because KA1/KA2 applications form are sent by IPENZ by email. so in first step you would need to inquire IPENZ and write them purpose, they will send you application form with complete instructions & requirements.

I hope this helps/