Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence Visa to Permanent Residnece Visa

Default Residence Visa to Permanent Residnece Visa

Hello there,

I will be completing 24 months on Resident Visa and immediately after that will be submitting application for converting this to Permanent Resident Visa. I have fulfilled the criteria of minimum time to be spent (i.e. 184 days in each of the 12 months period) before applying for PRV. I am based at Christchurch.

My question is - how long will INZ, Christchurch office will take to approve my application of converting RV to PRV? I do not have any criminal offences at all except couple of traffic violations (speeding).

Can some one in this group share their experience on this? Thanks.

kind regards,
    Prasad

It is usually only a very short time, depending on workload, ranging from hours (rare these days, though) to days to a couple of weeks. If you contact the office where you will be applying, they can probably give you an estimate.

In Auckland's Henderson branch it usually takes 5 to 10
    Minutes (given that you meet the criterian) Not sure about CHC .. But shouldn't be a long wait ..

Hi,

This information might be helpful for someone.

My friend got PR within a day in Auckland CBD. He was here for the full 2-years and he had submitted just passport.

Regards,
    Raju

Thank u.

Thanks you for this info.

Thank you.

Here is one more query. In the application form INZ 1175 (for converting RV to PRV), under Section G - Character declaration - there is a clause as below:

"Charged with, convicted of or investigated for any offences committed (including traffic or driving offences) since being granted New Zealand residence, or while on a temporary visa"

I have two speeding violations in the last 2 years and paid fine of $30 for each instance. Shall I have to answer "YES" for this clause based on the speeding violations?

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi, better to be honest then be sorry if they found out. Is your speeding fines from nz? They will have a record. My personal experience!

You should definitely declare it. Minor speeding offences are not major concern for them. Anyway they can easily access your details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast