Thread: VISA stamping- Sending passports outside India for Blue sticker!

Unhappy VISA stamping- Sending passports outside India for Blue sticker!

Hi all,

We got our Resident Visa approved on 15th July 2015.

Here is the thing- We are residing in India and we need to send our passports to London for stamping. But as per Indian Government Rules we cannot courier or post our passports overseas as it is illegal ... We have sent a mail to our CO in London on this situation.Yet to receive a reply!!

Anyone here has faced this situation?

What are the steps you took to get your Indian passports Visa Stamped?

Unable to get any clear answer. Please help.

I'm sure you're right to have emailed your CO about this. These days, with many Indian applications being dealt with by London branch, this must be a situation that crops up very often, and they probably have a procedure for it.

When you get a reply, could you kindly come back and post on the thread, to help other people that come after you?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm sure you're right to have emailed your CO about this. These days, with many Indian applications being dealt with by London branch, this must be a situation that crops up very often, and they probably have a procedure for it.

When you get a reply, could you kindly come back and post on the thread, to help other people that come after you?
    Sure thing

Hi Uma - Congrats!

Even I was in the same situations 6 months ago. My application was processed in Mumbai Branch and CO requested me to send the documents(passports, AIP & Migrant Levy) to Dubai Branch for blue stickers. I inquired Blue Dart and they replied saying they cannot accept passports for International delivery. Later I emailed my CO requesting for an alternate option.
    She had asked me to send it to Mumbai Branch itself and the only restriction was they didn't accept credit card for Migrant Levy. I had to take a demand draft in INR and sent it along with all the required documents for stickers. Your CO will guide you with all the necessary information. Hope this helps!

Hi Uma - I faced the similar situation for my approval as well. I called up contact center & then sent mail to Case Officer. They asked me send the migration levy, so that they can arrange stamping in India. As my application is processed at London branch, I paid the levy amount through Credit Card (just filled up the form, signed & scanned it) and they accepted it. Within two days, got the confirmation from CO to send my passports to Mumbai branch, by then, they informed Mumbai branch as well. (I told them Mumbai branch is nearer to me). Submitted passports along with mail from CO to TT Services branch, as I lodged paper based application in the same branch. Received the passports with stamping in a week. As you can see, its a big story happened in the last month

Thank you very much Nagarjun, Abdul05 and Uma for bringing this up- helps all other India based applicants

Thanks abdul05 and Nagarjun.CO replied to send migrant levy fees to London branch and she will transfer my files to Delhi or Mumbai. I scanned and sent my credit card details thru email and opted for Mumbai branch. Mostly we will get the same. After we get the confirmation we have to contact the nearest tt services centre and send our passports along with INR 250 DD. Waiting for confirmation mail from CO.