Thread: EOI - Point calculator - Help

Post EOI - Point calculator - Help

Hi All,

I am reviewing how many points can i claim for EOI.
    The point indicator on Immigration NZ side evaluates to 130 points based on my inputs, I am little confused. I think it should be 140.

I am claiming points for following categories.

Age (30-39) - 25
    Skilled Employment(only bonus points for Absolute skill shortage - i don't have job or job offer from NZ employer but my current employment is in ICT. I am senior software engineer) - 10
    Work Experience (10 years and bonus points for work experience in Absolute skill shortage - ICT - more than 6 years so total is 30+15 ) - 45
    Qualification ( Bachelor of Engineering in IT and bonus point for absolute skill shortage so total is 50+10) - 60

This way I am assuming that My points would be 140.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Skilled Employment bonus points are only available for someone with a skilled job or job offer in NZ.

The points calculator is often misleading. Your best bet is to look at this whole section. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm SM6 has a chart with all available points, and the last column refers you on to the detailed regulations for claiming those points.

Prajapathi will your spouse added in your application? if so and if she is graduate and meets minimum english language requirements then she will add 20 points and as for my assessment on your points you will get 130 points...So good luck and hope somebody here will comment in more detail.

JandM is right.

What I did was, I created an EOI in INZ website. That way , you exactly will know the points you are eligible. Read all the instructions one by one on each page.
    I have not found any good online calculator for this purpose.