Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineers australia

Smile Engineers australia

Greetings,

I'm a mechanical Engineer, i was assessed by Engineers Australia (Professional Engineer Skill Level 1) with occupational classification for migration purpose for mechanical engineer ANZSCO 233512.

Does this assessment certificate from Engineers Australia can fulfill the recognition requirements for applying immigration to New Zealand ? or do i need to do another type of assessment ?

Thanks,

The Australian assessment won't do for New Zealand. You need to check here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ to see what is required.

Hi again,
    I checked the link and it mention the following :ANZSCO NO. 233512
    ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations

Yes, but what is relevant for the bonus points for your expression of interest that you put in to INZ is what you find if you click on the green bar for the Long Term Skills List.

Required standard

One of the following:
    - A relevant Washington Accord accredited undergraduate engineering degree (listed - see Note 4)
    - A relevant qualification comparable to (a) a Bachelor of Engineering (NZQF Level 7), or (b) a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8)
    - A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand
    - NZ registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
    If you have a job offer in NZ, you can then pay attention to the requirements for skilled employment, found if you click on the other green bar (List of Skilled Occupations).
    Requirements to claim points for skilled employment (Category A)

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.

Thanks Jand for your reply,

But regarding (- A relevant qualification comparable to (a) a Bachelor of Engineering (NZQF Level 7), or (b) a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8) ):
    I have a bachelor of science with honors in Mechanical Engineering is it OK now ?

For it to be considered 'comparable', a qualification has to be EITHER on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm (look for the country, then your exact qualification must be named with the institution where you got it, and your year of graduation must be covered by the dates in the last column), OR ELSE you have to get it assessed (get the IQA) from NZQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ns-assessment/ If you go for the IQA, you need to send the form from Appendix B here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf, which asks them to look particularly for your degree being comparable to one of those mentioned for LTSSL.

To conclude,
    I must submit an application to NZQA for pre-assessment along with immigration form (Appendix B).
    Should I include the ANZSCO Certificate from Engineers Australia ? or no need.

Kind Regards

If your qualification is not on the exempt list previously mentioned, that is correct. But no, NOT pre-assessment. That's a waste of time and money, because you need the full assessment (the IQA) for the next phase of your application (ITA - Invitation To Apply), and also, it is unreliable because it's only based on the name of the qualification, and you NEED the course investigated to determine for certain if there is equivalence. The Australian certificate is not relevant, no.

One more question.

What is I lost my secondary high school certificate. is there any alternative solution?

If you can't get a duplicate, maybe you can get a letter from the education authority or your old school to state what you had on that certificate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast