Thread: Visa Query

Default Visa Query

Hello,

So I have been offered a position of employment in New Zealand which is on the Long Terms Skills Shortage List. I am currently in the process of researching visas and I am unsure as to which visa would be best: The skilled migrant visa (I have >140 points), essential skills work to residency visa or LTSSL work to residency visa?
    The job is a permanent role and the employer is on the NZ immigration accredited list of employers.
    I myself am from the UK.

Can someone please offer guidance on the advantages and disadvantages of each as well as most suitable if I aim to be out in NZ by start of November?

My understanding is that SMC visa could take the longest (2 weeks for EOI and then maybe 3 months for ITA) and is most expensive whereas WTR visas are quicker, less expensive but I will require to apply for residency after 2 years out there?

^Have I just answered my own question or is there anything else I should account for?

Many thanks ENZ forum.
    JSco

I think you have done good home work and considered available options. WTR is faster option so it depends if your employer needs you to start work in NZ then that will be the favored choice. Converting WTR to PR will be smooth sailing and takes less time (overall). In case you haven't then have a look at this thread

and this link where it states salary of above $90K p.a

Hello Sun777,

Many thanks for the reply and answering my question and sorry for the delayed response, I have been away this past week.
    I now have a start date in Auckland on the 2nd November so I really need to get things moving. I have been in touch with an immigration advisor (I have checked and they are accredited) to help, they have assured me that I should be able to get the visa approved etc. before November which I hope is the case, I have read many different postings regarding the various visa timelines.

Sounds like an exciting journey ahead, congrats on the job and all the best with your move