Thread: Evidence of Current and Past Martial Status? - Partner Sponsored Visa

Default Evidence of Current and Past Martial Status? - Partner Sponsored Visa

Hello All,

I am currently looking at the forms required to fill out for sponsoring my partner for a work visa into NZ.

There is one requirement I am not sure about stated on the form "VISITOR/WORK VISA APPLICATION CHECKLIST", downloaded from the NZ Immigration website.

Number 12 under "Supporting Documents Required", states this:

12. Evidence of the current and past marital status of both you and your □ □
    partner

How am I and my partner suppose to prove that we are both single? Is there some sort of officially recognized form I can apply for from NZ and her from Thailand that will state this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

Hey man, I had the exact same question as I couldn't really see any possible way to show this.

I spoke to an NZ immigration advisor here in BKK and was told that this is only applicable if you have been married before, you would have to show divorce papers etc.
    We never submitted any evidence of this as my partner and I have never been married and we had no troubles. We just mentioned in our cover letter that neither of us are married nor have we ever been.