Thread: TTV to Partnership work visa after 3 months living together combined

Default TTV to Partnership work visa after 3 months living together combined

Couple of months back my partner and I applied for a partnership work visa. I was in NZ and she was offshore. She was offered a 9 month tourist visa due to the living together requirement not being satisfied.

Previously we had been living in Perth, but only officially together for 2 and a half months on a joint tenancy. She has now been here for 3 weeks and living in my apartment which is also on the sponsored tourist visa as her residence. We have had mail delivered addressed to her also.

Would we be taken seriously if we were to lodge the visa again showing the evidence we have lived together which completes our 3 month period?

We want to try so soon because its quite a strain only having one income and the fact she is getting bored out of her mind....

How long ago was it that you stopped living together in Perth? That may make a difference to whether or not they will tack on your time since she arrived now.

Just under 2 months from the time she left Perth and arrived in NZ

It's not possible to be certain, but it might work. Their attitude is usually that if a couple have already got evidence to show they'd started living together, IF there's a solid reason for a couple living apart for a while, such as one having to go away for work, or study, or a visa running out, and IF they can show evidence of keeping the relationship alive while separated, such as phone records, internet means, continued financial links, etc., etc., INZ may consider it. But it can't be relied upon - it's all at discretion, dependent upon how it strikes whoever deals with it.

Yeah i can imagine it will be how the case officers is feeling on the day.

But yeah she had to leave Aus because of her visa even though she has been there for 4 years (long story) but we do have all the evidence of comms whilst being apart for the 2 months.

Maybe will wait until she completes a full month here