Thread: Question on Birth Certificate and Police Certificate for Indian national

Default Question on Birth Certificate and Police Certificate for Indian national

Hi

I have received the EOI acceptance from INZ recently and next step is to submit all the required documents. I have couple of questions regarding Birth Certificate and Police Certificate.
    As per the guidelines, Birth Certificate must contain both parent's names. But my certificate has just father's first name & surname initial only and does not contain the Mother's name and Father's Full name with Surname. I believe INZ does not accept this. Could any of you let me know how you manage to provide the birth cert. or any supporting documents. Which state body/authority/office would provide this supporting documents.

Also, the guidelines say they prefer Police Certificate from Central rather than from State police dept. I am basically from Bangalore. Please advise on how and where this certificate must be obtained in India/Bangalore.

Looking forward to your reply and any useful information on the same.

Have a good day!

Thanks
    Sri

Hello Sri,

You can do a online booking of through passport seva website and take appointment and once you go to Passport Seva office in Bellandur you should get it PCC same day. Carry your ID proof, Passport original, and Bonafide certificate on Company's letter head,

Hi Sri,

For Birth certificate to be updated you need to go to your nearest municipality and the government Mandala Revenue Office or an E-Seva (e-seva is available only in AP, Telangana I guess). Take your SSC or CBSE class X certificatee which would have your Mother and Father Name on it or any government authorised for proof. This would be a long wait for you so make sure you do this ASAP.

For Police Verification : Abhijeet has given his comments, just to add to the comment you need your present address proof too if your Passport doesn't have the current address mentioned in it.

Make sure you collect your documents within the stipulated time mentioned in the ITA and also collect all of them at once so that you can save on processing time and also courier charges

All the Best
    Sandeep

Read last section for Birth Certificates:

https://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/public/bmp-info.aspx

Hi Sri,

My birth certificate has names of both father and mother listed but the initials are not expanded. Do you think that will be an issue, considering that my passport has their full names listed.

Regards,
    laxgr