Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI question

Default EOI question

Hello JandM,

I am an Electrical engineer with 11 Years of Experience in IT sector (SAN Administrator) , I can see that my profile falls under :: ANZSCO NO. 263111 :: I have bellow quries

1. My IELTS Average is 6.5 however I scored 5.5 in Reading ,

Am I eligible ?

2. Since I have experience of a IT consultant , am I eligible to gain Points under Future Growth areas and Absolute Skill Shortage ?

1. It is the average that counts. The fact that one or more results falls below 6.5 does not matter.

2. Nobody can claim bonus points for both Absolute Skills Shortage AND Future Growth Area. If an applicant has the offer of a skilled job in NZ, then they are eligible for the bonus points for qualification and work experience under Future Growth Area (if they meet the detailed requirements, of course). Without a job offer in NZ, then people can claim the bonus points for Absolute Skills Shortage.

Many thanks ..

Hi JandM ,

I am having Experience certificate from my previous companies where in my Roles & Responsibilities are clearly mentioned along with Salary that I was withdrawing , also the tenure is mentioned in the letter . To proceed with the application as a skilled migrant does the experience certificate suffices or Reference Letter is also required ?

In case some one is not having Experience or Reference letter , what is the alternate way to proceed further with the application .

Thanks,

Letters about your work experience can be from either your employer (maybe the boss, or maybe the HR department or whoever is responsible within the company), or from a colleague who has reason to know about the detail of your work. The letters need to state that you worked full-time, start and finish dates (or 'to present' if you're still there), the level of qualification you needed to get and hold the job, and your responsibilities. (Your financial arrangement will show up in your bank or tax statements.) If the official letter does not give this and the firm is not willing to supply it, you can get a line manager or colleague to write bearing witness to whatever is left out. Such people need to be be available to be contacted during the processing of your application, because INZ will want to be in touch.

Thanks for your response .

Just to give you my background .

I am an IT professional with experience over 10 years ( System / Business Analyst ) --- ANZSCO NO. 261111 and my qualification stands as Bachelor of Engineering ( Electrical Engineering )

I have couple of questions when calculating my points -

Is absolute skills shortage and Immediate skill shortage the same ? as I can see my job category falls in Long Term skill shortage , can you help me knowing how many points I can obtain based upon my qualification and work experience . I have no qualification & work experience obtained in NZ . I am 34 years old and my over all IELTS score is 6.5

I am married and my partner is holding Masters Degree , she has not given IELTS , can you let me know what will be the ideal score she must obtain in order to claim points for English proficiency.

Based upon the information provided can you help me knowing how many points I score and also if it doesn't meet the threshold , can you suggest areas where in I can work to gain more points .

Is absolute skills shortage and Immediate skill shortage the same ?
    No, it's not. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1016
    http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...lsshortage.htm

I always recommend that people should look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm for the detailed regulations about claiming points for the their EOI. You are the person who best knows everything about yourself and your qualifications, so you will be able to see how you fit into the rules. SM6 has a chart giving the points available, and the last column refers you on to the other pages for checking the requirements.

Anyway, this is what I can tell you based on the few pieces of information you have given.
    You definitely get 25 points for age.
    You MIGHT get 30 for work experience, if it fits the rules for being relevant - SM11.
    You MIGHT get 50 points for your qualification. If it is not on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm, though, you will have to get an IQA (not PAR - it's a waste of time and money) done (and use the form at Appendix B http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf to ask them if it is comparable to one of the qualifications mentioned on the skill checker http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ as being required for LTSSL bonus points).
    You MIGHT get bonus points, IF your qualification has been assessed by NZQA as being equivalent to one of the required degrees on the Skill Shortage List. http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ If you get your IQA saying you have a Level 7 degree equivalent to one of those, then you would have 10 bonus points for the qualification, and 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.
    You would get 20 points for your wife's qualification, if her IELTS comes out at 6.5 or above, and if her qualification is on the list as being exempt, or she gets an IQA done.

So it's possible you will have enough (140 or above) to get your EOI selected without a job offer, but you can't be sure without looking at the regulations to see if you are eligible in the places I have indicated.

Hello,

I am facing a confused state when calculating my points by the information provided looking at the points chart SM6 , If I go with this chart I claim 140 points or more ( Break up as --
    Age - 25
    Work Experience - 30
    Qualification - 50
    Bonus points
    10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
    And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
    15 points: 6 or more years.

Partner Education - 20 points ----------> 20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification.

Total ----- 150

My concern ---
    Does this mean I can claim 25 points as Bonus points for work experience as mine falls under Absolute skill shortage ????? This way for work experience my total comes out as 55 -- 30+25 , does this stands true ?????? can I claim these many points ?

What I encounter is difference in points outcome when I go with the chart and when actually claiming in the points Indicator , where in my total is coming as 130 .

Here is what I am checking against Yes ----------

Is your work, or offer of employment, in any one of New Zealand's:
    identified future growth areas?
    areas of absolute skills shortage? -------- YES

Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 7 or 8) ---------- YES

Do you have a qualification in any one of New Zealand's:
    identified future growth areas?
    areas of absolute skills shortage? ------------- YES ( Question -- Can I claim this one ? My education is B.E. ( Electrical Engineering ) and work experience is in IT ( Business Analyst ) , I see Electrical Engineering was in skill shortage )

Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) -- 10 Years

Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:
    identified future growth areas ?
    areas of absolute skills shortage ? ----- 6 years or more

Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage? -- YES

What is your current age? -- 30 -39

Do you have a partner? --- YES

Does your partner have a recognised qualification ? (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) --- YES

Now by checking these options when I calculate the score comes out as 130 ....... Can you please help as to what I am missing in the points indicator when comparing with the chart .......

Regards,
    Taran.

Hi,

areas of absolute skills shortage? ------------- YES ( Question -- Can I claim this one ? My education is B.E. ( Electrical Engineering ) and work experience is in IT ( Business Analyst ) , I see Electrical Engineering was in skill shortage )
    Hope you have checked the LTSS list and I have checked that your "Electrical Engineering" was not present in ICT, Electronics and Telecommunication occupation which will prevent you from claiming points w.r.t absolute skills shortage as you have IT experience and are an Electrical Engineering which are a bit different interms of NZ.

You can wait till someone more experienced gives you an answer just thought to give you some heads up.

Sandeep

If you are putting yourself forward for SMC in your present career, you will need to meet the requirements shown by clicking on the green bar for LTSSL here to get bonus points. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...siness-analyst As I said above, either your degree will need to be mentioned on the INZ list as exempt from assessment, or it will need to be assessed by NZQA as equivalent to one of the NZ qualifications mentioned in the list in that last link.

If you want to put yourself forward for SMC as an electrical engineer, you will need to check again to see if you meet the requirements for that career. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rical-engineer

You can't put forward a mixture of possible careers. INZ is set up to consider a definite application, not various things that a person COULD do. We have seen in the past that if someone actually IS qualified and experienced in more than one line of work, and puts this on their application, COs seem rather to think they are somehow not as good - more than one possible career is not regarded as an advantage.

My concern ---
    Does this mean I can claim 25 points as Bonus points for work experience as mine falls under Absolute skill shortage ????? This way for work experience my total comes out as 55 -- 30+25 , does this stands true ?????? can I claim these many points ?
    This isn't right. For either career you put forward as your skill, if your qualifications meet the requirements, you can claim points for however many years you have worked in that career. So for business analyst, if the qualification matches up, you could get 30 points for your 10 years of relevant experience, and an additional 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage = 45. For electrical engineer, I don't think you could get this many, because if your work experience is as an ICT business analyst, it can't be for this instead.

I don't understand why the points checker is showing up what it does, but it is somewhat unreliable at times, which is why I always say to people to check their points with the detailed regulations instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast