Thread: Last entry before

Default Last entry before

Hi.. I have my last entry before date stamped as 16th oct'15.. But my flight has been booked on 14th, which will be arriving on 16th early morning at NZ.. Will I be having any problem to gain entry into the country as my last entry before is 16th? What does this before exactly mean? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by vaishnavi; 10th August 2015 at 08:40 PM.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...belexample.jpg

It means that is the day by which you have to enter the country. If you don't, you can't use that visa. Simple.

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...conditions.htm It looks from as this as though it SHOULD be all right, but I think you should ask for a definite answer on the matter from INZ.

But even if you are allowed entry on that last date, this is cutting it DANGEROUSLY late. You HAVE to activate your Residence visa by entering NZ and presenting your passport at Immigration at the airport by the due date, otherwise your Residence visa will lapse and the whole application trouble and expense would have been for nothing. NO EXCUSES are accepted for being late, even if they are not your fault. So some travel delay in transit, even for half a day, if it took your arrival over into the next day, would mean you would be refused entry when you got to the NZ airport. In your place, seriously, I would be looking at rebooking that flight for at least a week earlier.

I would say, VERY RISKY, NO point to arrive eleventh hour.. You may end with Nothing....

Same as above. Better to have some buffer time, sometimes weather can play spoilsport and you might be stranded for no fault of yours in transit but if you are happy taking the risk then there's no stopping as long as you arrive on/before 16th Oct