Thread: Question about rv to pr

Wink Question about rv to pr

Hi all,

This is my first post here although i would like to thank everyone here, as u have all helped me on my path to getting my smv. My question is, i will soon apply for pr, as i will have been here in NZ for 2 years (the whole time) as a resident. i recently received my first ever traffic infridgement, (i went through a red light).. it was a complete accident and i dont contest it, i paid the fine straight away and am now ever more careful. i was just not thinking! i have drove for 10 years and never received a speeding/ parking ticket or any other brushes with the law. Do you think this will affect my pr? also im a little unsure as the form to fill out doesnt really mention infridgements, i want to tell inz about it, just not sure how. Any one had some thing similar? thanks in advance!

A one-off infringement is unlikely to create grave impact on your application, you can attach the details on a small cover letter (with the notice number, payments etc) and submit it with your PR application. Within the PR application you will have a section where it is written about infringement notices, remember to tick it yes.

thanks sun777, on topic, i am in process of buying my first house, and should it affect the pr visa, what would the outcome of my rv be? thank you

Me and OH both has one driving infringement each for going about 5-7 kmph over the speed limit in the 1st year of arriving in NZ. It was first ticket in both of our driving history (while driving for over 25-30 odd years), we explained all of it in a cover letter and then there were no questions asked. It didn't affect on our RV or PR visa.