Thread: ASS Inquiry

Default ASS Inquiry

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the dumb question but can someone help me explain or atleast point to some documentation that will explain better the difference between ASS Programmer Developer and Software Engineer?
    Any information you can share will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and have a good day!

Is it acronym for "assistant" or any specific technology? I tried to google and didn't come across anything specific

leans more towards Assistant Programmer.

Hi Sun77 and nms.sun3, thanks for your reply. Sorry if I get you guys confused. The acronym stands for absolute skill shortage ANZSCO occupation list. I am just trying to understand and figure out what is the difference between Developer Programmer (261312) and Software Engineer (261313).

Thanks again!

Developer/Programmer leans more towards coding whereas Software Engineer could include programming as well as application support. Companies have various organization levels and structure and there is no common designations. I used to be sys admin but some of my designations were senior software engineer.
    you need to chose the ANZSCO code based on your profile or work responsibilities.

As mentioned above, I see Software Engineer could be much more than development/programming and it all boils down to roles & responsibilities - In linear sense Software Engineer provides input to the Developer Programmer but some organizations might have overlap in these rolws.

Have look at this pdf document specifically on Page 12 and 13 which details the information.