Thread: Your time frames with SPC (second person check)

Question Your time frames with SPC (second person check)

Hi there,

Thanks for your forum and for your sharing experience. Really helpful! You guys rock!

I've applied for my residency through partnership 4.5 months ago and it is still in process (it is in Manukau branch). Quite frustrating to be honest because some of my friends have recently received their residency and it was much quicker for them than for me.

Anyways...I called to my CO 4 weeks ago and I was said that the application is going to 2nd person check and it will take approx 2 weeks. Last week, when it has been the 3rd week already, I emailed to my CO and ask about any updates and she said that she will follow up and let me know but it is seems like my application is in the queue to the SPC because according to the INZ website, the SPC takes just 2-3 days... I know that no one cant say the time for this so I just want to know your real time.

Can you please share your time frames, how long did SPC take for your application? Especially interesting recent experience in order to see how INZ is busy or not and how long this stupid queue will take.

Btw, does anyone know if I will have an email notification about my status changing online on INZ website because I refresh my online account on their website every 30 minutes in order to see that my status is Approved...

Thanks!
    Last edited by girl93; 13th August 2015 at 04:44 PM.

Well even my file is in manukau branch since 12th may when i heard first time from my CO. When i rang her about a month ago she said its on last stage . I dont know how long is there last stage. i am on same boat with you. Hopefully we get reply soon.

haha I've got my first email from my CO also on 12th May and I am also Vik (if it is your real name)
    ohhh I have a paranoia right now because I hopped this 2nd person check will take just few weeks (as for some people) but it is getting longer and longer. I pray every day that today I will get an approval!!

I got something changed today but dont know what cant open the website....

Quote Originally Posted by vik0404 View Post
    I got something changed today but dont know what cant open the website....
    That must be so frustrating. Keep trying - it opened for me just now. And good luck.

wow, hope you've got your approval!!!

btw my CO said me on Thursady that this weekend there will some people who come in to catch up so hopefully she will be able to say smth early next week. So I think it worked for you And I am still waiting, I hope it is not long now, just couple of days

yes I got approved yayyyyyyy ....so happy now.

Aaaaaa my application also has been approved!!! Just received notification

So it took 4.5 months for the whole process and second person check took 1 month!