Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assigned a CO and initial assessment within 10 days?!

Default Assigned a CO and initial assessment within 10 days?!

I submitted my ITA to the London a branch just over a week ago for a SMC visa with a job offer (see my signature for timeline).

Last Friday I received an e-mail from a gentleman introducing himself as my CO and saying that he had carried out an initial assessment and that my application was in order apart from one detail (which I've addressed by sending the information required).

Can I check if this initial assessment is a 'pre-check' to make sure everything's there before a more in-depth check gets carried out? I must admit, I structured my application and evidence to make it as easy as possible to see how I meet each of the criteria required, with no ambiguity or guesswork required. Even so, less than two weeks for a CO and check seems very quick (not complaining, just curious!).

I agree with your impression - this IS quick for you to have a CO and for him to have done the initial assessment, but he said it, so that is going to be right, and you're just lucky! Yes, the initial assessment is normally just a look over what is in the file to see that evidence is there for each claim your ITA makes about yourself. Verification of each piece of evidence by checking with third parties will now follow.

My CO was assigned 26 days after all my docs were received on July 29. On July 31, they wrote saying they've completed first assessment of my application and needed a couple of more docs which reached them by 10 August. Since then, theres been radio silence.. I guess no news is good news.

Well things are moving even faster than I dared hope. I received this e-mail this afternoon...

I am pleased to inform you that I have finalised your application, and your application will now undergo a standard quality check. This is conducted by my Manager/Technical Advisor and is currently taking around 2-3 weeks to be completed. Once your application has been returned to me, you will be notified.

As I said above, I tried to make it as easy as possible for the CO to assess my evidence by organising it in a logical way.

JandM

I've just received ANOTHER email saying my online status has changed. I've just checked and the status has changed to APPROVED.

What is going on??? Does this mean it's been second person checked already? I want to get excited snd jump up and down but I daren't in case it's a mistake.

The status says...
    Visa Type: Resident
    Application number: (shows our application number)
    Lodgement date: 06/08/15
    Expiry date: -

It honestly looks as though is in order! I think you have a guardian angel who is pushing INZ officials around on your behalf.

Wow, that was fast! I think I read on here a little while ago that INZ London where putting things in place to speed applications up. Must be working! Though if you put in the effort to have made it straightforward for them that can only have been a good thing.

Congratulations!

I honestly can't believe it. It's gone from 'Lodged' to 'Approved' in 12 days. I have to admit that we're very straight forward with no complications in our lives. I guess boring is good in this case!

I only claimed points for myself so the majority of evidence was just for me (except English requirements, police certificates, medicals and proving partnership status).

That's real quick - Fabulous news!

I think the mantra was as simple as putting everything in most efficient manner for the CO to whiz through.

Quote Originally Posted by MLVB View Post
    I tried to make it as easy as possible for the CO to assess my evidence by organising it in a logical way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast