Thread: Police clearance required for Partner sponsored work visa?

Default Police clearance required for Partner sponsored work visa?

Hi Guys,

I am a NZ Citizen currently in Thailand with my Thai girlfriend and we are trying to get all the forms together for the visa application.

We are trying to get the police clearance form however, in the application documents for it it says you need "copy of work permit" and "visa of destination", my girlfriend rang up the police clearance office to try and explain she doesn't have a work permit or copy of the visa because it is a partner sponsored visa but they don't seem to understand and say will she still needs it.

Is there something I'm missing here or doing wrong? how are we suppose to obtain the police clearance certificate?

Please help, any advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

Are you sure she has the correct application form? It sounds as though she may have something that is intended for use by a foreigner living in Thailand, not a Thai national.

Here is the INZ web-page, in case it is of some use. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...t/thailand.htm

Thanks I will check that out now

Hey man,
    Have you actually been to the police station yet? We never had troubles with this.
    If not, just go to the police station and it will be sorted out.

Thanks for the info guys.

After my girlfriend starting talking about it with them over the phone again we have sorted it out and have organised for one of their own officers to make it for us for 2,000 baht, which is a legitimate service. We just have to email him the required documents and he will post it to us.

Cheers.

Good.

Don't forget to get your own Police Certificate from Thailand, if you go for residency under partnership, down the track.

You will only need a Thai Police Certificate for yourself if you have lived there for more than a year.