Thread: Where to stay, sight-see or play in Auckland?

Default Where to stay, sight-see or play in Auckland?

Hi all,

I am planning a holiday to Auckland in Oct and would like to get some infor or some help from members on where to stay, what to see or do. I am going there alone so I was thinking of where would be good place for a sole traveller without a car to stay. Am looking at maybe home stay or BnB type or self contained apartment coz hotels are quite X. Don't have a lot of $$$$ to spend so simple, affordable, clean and easily accessible accommodation is preferred. How many days should I stay in Auckland? Or should I plan trips out of Auckland, if so, what are the nice to see places? Appreciate any suggestions?

The "no. of days" depends on your activities here. Not sure if you plan to only venture in & around Auckland - if yes then 2 weeks would be good enough.

In case you plan to recce for job then add another week or so for meeting agencies/interviews etc.

Serviced apartments in Auckland CBD have a small kitchenette and usually short walk from public transport. These range from $300 to $400 p/w and are offered for minimum term of 4 weeks.

Have a look at AirBnB website if you can find more options for short term rentals. There are number of backpackers accommodations within CBD too.

Hope this helps for a start