Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do NZ IT companies require candidates to have NZQA?

Default Do NZ IT companies require candidates to have NZQA?

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum . I have been an .NET analyst programmer for 8+ years. I hold the Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineer from one of the Universities in HK. For Job search purpose in NZ, may I know if it is common for NZ IT company require candidates to have NZQA for their qualification and working experience?

Thanks!

Raymond

I do mention about NZQA assessment in my CV but done of the agents or employers have asked me for the copy of document in past 5 years. The reason could be that qualifications no more matter for my expertise & experience after 17 odd years in the industry.

Thank you Sun777 for your reply.

As I was granted Job Search Visa rather than Resident Visa under SMC, I am wondering if it is a must for me to get the NZQA in order to secure job offer.

Raymond

If you can prove more than 5 years experience and will have 100 points including your job offer, I wouldn't bother.

Both my husband and I work in IT and we've never had a potential employer (with job offers from 6 employers combined over our time here) mention NZQA or ask about our qualifications.

Thank you for Karen and Azkateaz valuable sharing.

Would you please kindly share yours Job Search experience (in IT field) when first arrived NZ?

What requirement do you think is the most important for a new comer to obtain a job offer in NZ? I am planning to move to Wellington in Nov 2015.
    Last edited by raymondtsui; 20th August 2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Specify for new comer

To share my experience, I arrived here with a job offer. It all materialized after applying directly with employers, being in constant touch with agencies & other employers. Explain your experiences with examples, how things went well, what were the risks you took, what happened when you faced failures etc. Interview process in NZ could sometimes be painfully long with standard interview from prospective team, prometrics tests, HR interview. Be open to negotiation, do not under rate yourself or salary expectation. Employers are open to someone who can kick start from day 1 with minimal training and can bond well with existing team, be humble and at the same time be assertive.

Great! Thank you Sun777 for experience sharing.

One more thing, are there any advantages if I applied the IRD number before I start the Job Search process?

No there's no advantage. Its mandatory to have IRD no. before you start your employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    No there's no advantage. Its mandatory to have IRD no. before you start your employment.
    Well noted. Thank you for your information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast