Hello,

I am a NZ Permanent Resident and I need to assist my parents for applying visitor visa under 'Parents and grandparents of New Zealand citizens or residents' category which is a visa for a span of 3 years.

My father has undergone angioplasty(stents procedure) in May and since this is a pre-existing medical condition , and usually treated as a heart disease or CVD, we have looked at getting a Travel insurance with comprehensive medical cover that covers such pre-existing medical conditions. We are working on getting the cover and based on the policy wordings and our talk with agents, we can see that it is possible to get a cover for my father.

So now, on the Visitor visa application under "Section E" - Health, there is a question which asks if any person included in this application have any medical condition that requires, or may require Hospital Care - we are unsure if we need to mention Yes or No. What should we tick(yes or no) ?

Either way, we are going to clearly mention our father's condition and provide details on the insurance cover that we have obtained, with Medical Certs and Chest X-Rays.

We just want to make sure that we do the right thing to get our visa granted and from what i found online, angioplasty is a minor invasive heart procedure and there are many who have had stents before are able to freely visit their children living in other countries. It is also quite tricky as we need to book the tickets in advance without knowing the outcome of the visa/insurance decisions.

Thanks in advance,