Thread: Discussion: Is it wise to look for a new job after ITA lodgement?

Default Discussion: Is it wise to look for a new job after ITA lodgement?

Hi guys,

I just want to ask for your opinion on the title of this message.
    I received an interview offer from a local company where I live and it is already in an advance stage.
    I'm just wondering:is it OK/worth a try to move to a new company, while my immigration case is already at ITA Lodgement stage?

Thanks.

As long as the new job that you might get is definitely as skilled, in the skill that you are qualified in, as the one you currently hold, then it won't do your case any harm.

Thanks JandM.
    But let say, I manage to get the new job ... Then somehow I need to get the employee reference letter from the new employer, right? (And update the INZ about the changes)

Seems complicated ... Don't you think?

Yes, you would have to give all the evidence about the new employer that you have presumably already given about the old one. And you'd have to get a variation on your work visa, or a new one, depending on what type it is.

It is do-able - lots of people have done it, so it won't bother INZ. It's not actually complicated, just going over similar ground to what you'd already done before.

I'm guessing you must have thought there was something good about this other job, to be even interested in going for an interview, so I suppose you'll be considering whether or not there are enough advantages to make the small hassle of altering your residence application worth it.

Yeah I'll think about it over the weekend ...
    Anyway, thanks for the advice.