Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident visa - label

Question Resident visa - label

Finally I got my resident visa stamped in my passport. I have couple questions

visa_query.jpg

Start Date is 18/Aug/2015 (When visa was stamped)
    For the "first entry before": I have N/A

What that means?

In the same time my new CO sent me an email (Old CO left IPB office)

"Please see attached approval letter, note you must travel to New Zealand before 18/08/2016 to keep your resident visa valid"

And in the approval letter is stated

"There are two types of travel conditions on your resident visa. the travel conditions appear on the top tight-hand side of the visa label in your passport. The "first entry before" travel condition means that you must travel to New Zealand before order to keep your resident visa valid."

As you can see on my visa label "first entry before" is N/A

Also is stated
    "When you travel to New Zealand in accordance with your resident visa, you must apply for and be granted entry permission."

What does that means? I should inform somebody before my first entry or?

PS. I expected blue sticker but it is green

Thanks

Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by Zof View Post
    For the "first entry before": I have N/A

What that means?
    You have time till 18/08/2016 to travel to New Zealand and activate your Residence Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zof View Post
    "When you travel to New Zealand in accordance with your resident visa, you must apply for and be granted entry permission."

What does that means? I should inform somebody before my first entry or?

PS. I expected blue sticker but it is green
    It means, when you arrive in New Zealand during the immigration clearance the officer will stamp another stamp "Resident Permit" on your passport which is for entry permission into New Zealand.

The older visas used to be blue colour, probably we all need to get used to calling it green sticker now

Congratulation Zof

Ah, so that is how the blue/green sticker looks like. Nice nice.
    BTW, the resident visa is only valid for 2 years?
    How/when to get the Permanent Resident Visa?

The resident visa is valid for ever IF you stay in NZ. It's the travel conditions which allow you to re-enter NZ at will that only last for two years. PR is a different visa which you can qualify for after a minimum of two years of holding Residence - see here for the conditions. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    You have time till 18/08/2016 to travel to New Zealand and activate your Residence Visa.
    Thanks sun777, I was a bit confused since on my visa label stands "First entry before: N/A"

It means, when you arrive in New Zealand during the immigration clearance the officer will stamp another stamp "Resident Permit" on your passport which is for entry permission into New Zealand.
    Thanks for the clarification

The older visas used to be blue color, probably we all need to get used to calling it green sticker now
    I agree

Hi JandM,

I was under the impression that the 2-year travel condition applied upon making the first entry at NZ. Looking at the green label in the original poster gives me a total a of 2 years and the 1st entry is a sub-set of that period. Please help me understand this.

Regards,
    laxgr

Read below in conjunction to the information JandM provided in the above link (the last part mentions about Commitment to New Zealand criteria):

To be eligible for a permanent resident visa (PRV), the principal applicant in your original residence application must:
    hold a resident visa, or have held one in the last three months
    hold, or have held, that resident visa for at least two years continuously
    have met any conditions that your resident visa was subject to under section 49(1) of the Immigration Act
    meet relevant character requirements, and
    have met one of five commitment to New Zealand criteria set out below.
    Last edited by Sun777; 24th August 2015 at 04:39 PM.

Hi Sun777,

Thanks.

However, this is the impression I had:
    1) That only 1st entry date would be on the green /blue sticker saying enter by 18-Aug-2016. I didn't know that the 1st entry date would be N/A, but since the CO has clarified, it's just about fine
    2) I thought if I entered on say July 1, 2016, then my rv would be activated and travel conditions would be on till July 1, 2018 but that's not the case as the rv travel conditions expire on Aug 18, 2017

So, essentially, from what 'I thought' initially, the rv with travel conditions is not valid potentially for 3 years (1 year 1st entry, 2 yrs post that), but only for 2 yrs (of which enter latest 1 year after stamping).

Do I understand correctly, Sun777?

Looks like there has been some changes to INZ regulations. Take a look at my blue aka green sticker issued on April 2015.

Taking example of OP (and add my understanding to it).

Date of issue: 18/Aug/2015

if OP travels to NZ on 18/Oct/2015 then he/she gets the Resident Permit stamped at the airport which allows them to travel for 2 years from 18/Oct/2015 to 18/Oct/2017.

Someone will correct if I'm off track.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast