Thread: SMC- Next Step

Post SMC- Next Step

Hi,

I am a Jr. DBA works with a contracting company of 2 in Wellington. I filled my residency in March 2015,
    and got CO in July. Same day she asked for company's Balance sheet, p/l, my personal acc. statement, IRD Summary,
    salary receipts.
    I provided all documents, then with-in 3 days she took my Interview and it lasted for 1 Hr and she asked for evidences and I have submitted all the evidences last week.
    And till know I didn't got any other email.

Can any one tell what next she can ask and how can I find if everything is going right. As, my adviser said everything is fine. But still I am in a big stress.

Your adviser is right, most of the times CO works quietly on applications and there is not much communication exchanged with the applicants. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with your application, likewise if CO needs more information then they definitely contact you.

To add further, CO must be busy with other applications or out of office, sometimes this can cause some delay in checking your documents.

Yeah I know sometimes CO works quietly. But in my case CO is active and within 2 or 3 days communication is done.
    Also, do I have chances of site visit and do visit are done by informing or without informing. Because I work from 7am to 3 pm..

Saying from experience, the follow ups are not always at the same speed. Regarding the site visit, I dont think anyone outside INZ can guarantee about a site visit. You may have provided contact details of the person at office so they will most likely stay in touch with them to coordinate.

As you mentioned the company is relatively smaller consulting firm, there could be details they are checking with IRD or there could be more formalities where they are waiting for information. Case Officer is not obliged to provide a daily or regular update, most of the times they only contact you if they need further information or clarification.

I have already submitted balance sheet and P&L account from last two year.

Thanks for replying.
    I hope so I'll get a positive reply from INZ, I am very keen for this thing. Can go home then.

Hi All,

How can I check my application status online. My file is in Henderson Branch. Didn't apply online my adviser forwarded it.
    Last edited by jesse; 26th August 2015 at 06:17 PM.