Thread: Surname Expansion statutory declaration sample

Question Surname Expansion statutory declaration sample

Hi all,

Today, I got a mail from case officer to provide additional documents for the following.

Please send the following:
    * A statutory declaration to prove you are the same person as shown on your birth certificate. Because the name on your birth certificate is different from the name shown on your passport

* A statutory declaration to prove your partner is the same person as shown on your partner’s birth certificate, because the name on your partner’s birth certificate is different from the name shown on your partner’s passport

* Birth certificates for you and your partner which were issued to you when you were born. The ones you submitted were issued to you recently
    My wife and I need to provide the statutory declaration for names. The name mentioned in our birth certificate was myname.f where 'f' is the initial and my father's name which is common in India. The name in passport is with firstname: myname surname: Father's name.
    Could you guys please provide me the pointers for SD? I have to submit the docs by aug 27.

Thank you.

Some old threads about this. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ry+declaration

And here is an information page about who can do this for you in Singapore. https://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/default.aspx?pgID=51

Thank you JandM. I have to prepare and send it by tomorrow. They have mentioned that my first assessment is complete.

We have completed a first assessment of your application and need more information before we can proceed further.
    Just curious, will they be asking more additional documents? I believe, after submission of the docs, it's going to final assessment and interview. Am I dreaming?

'First assessment' only means they have had a first look through the papers you have sent with your ITA, to see that you seem to have provided some piece(s) of evidence to bear out each fact you have said about yourself on the form. Next, after your case gets assigned to a CO (and there may be a wait for that to happen), every one of those pieces of evidence will be verified, by asking a third party who is in a position to know, whether or not it is true. If any issues turn up during this process, then it's still possible that the CO might need other evidence from you.

The way you have mentioned final assessment above makes me think you are regarding it as a small matter, quickly done, but it can take quite a while, depending on how urgently people reply to the CO's queries about your evidence.

Thank you. I have submitted my additional docs. Looks like I have a long wait. Since it was from a case officer I thought my initial assessment was complete. Because when I lodged my ITA, I received an acknowledgement mail from a support officer mentioning about the docs and a CO will contact me if they need further documents. Now , the mail was from the Immigration officer ( email signature). I thought immigration officer and CO are the same.

The INZ job titles are rather loosely applied, I think. Some people seem to say CO or IO interchangeably, meaning the officials who are qualified to work cases, but in other offices, they seem to say IO for anyone who is employed there, at whatever rank. Of course, it's possible that someone with CO/IO skills might have been doing first assessment that day, without necessarily being the CO your case will eventually be allocated to.