Thread: Format for submitting photos

Default Format for submitting photos

Hello there

Hopefully an easy question:

When submitting photos to INZ in support of a partnership visa application, is it mandatory for them to be printed? or can they be provided on a flash drive, or via a link to an external storage website?

Thanks in advance!

There is nothing anywhere that I'm aware of that definitely says what INZ want. However, hold on to the idea of making things as easy as possible for the CO working your case. What is easiest? - flicking through pages of mounted prints, each labelled with subject and relevance, or having to connect a specific device, for which you HOPE they have the right software? And I would rule out the idea of linking to an external website, since they might have difficulty establishing that this DEFINITELY applied to you. YOU know you are decent people telling the truth, but INZ have to suspect everyone, because there are so many attempts by fraudsters to get partnership visas.

Thanks JandM

That's really helpful. We were going to work on the basis that we would need to print the photos, and we definitely see the need to make everything as easy as possible for the CO. Thought we'd check to see if there were any alternatives, but we can understand the difficulties with the other options.

Thanks again for your advice

Cheers

We used a special discount on a web site called photobox, where we could print about 60 photos for free and only pay about 5 dollars for shipping, that was quite useful!

Quote Originally Posted by lulu76 View Post
    We used a special discount on a web site called photobox, where we could print about 60 photos for free and only pay about 5 dollars for shipping, that was quite useful!
    Another good website is snapfish, but we acutally just printed them with our printer at home...

I can't be certain if all INZ offices apply the same criteria but they are not keen on putting a flash drive from someone else into their computers - imagine the chaos it could cause. Printed is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
    Thanks JandM

That's really helpful. We were going to work on the basis that we would need to print the photos, and we definitely see the need to make everything as easy as possible for the CO. Thought we'd check to see if there were any alternatives, but we can understand the difficulties with the other options.

Thanks again for your advice

Cheers
    When we did ours, we used a colour copier and laid them out for a large sheet and printed in colour j\on just normal paper our photos, I was also able to just print form my flash drive onto normal paper in colour and they turned out great.