Thread: Immigration requested more Evidence- Help!

Default Immigration requested more Evidence- Help!

Hi team,

I've had 2 Partnership Work visas approved and am currently waiting on Residency. I've just had an email from an immigration officer requesting more evidence, which they haven't asked for before. As follows:

1) Original or certified copies of further evidence spanning the entire duration of your relationship such as:

Evidence of joint assets (if any)-
    Proof of shared accommodation such as joint mortgage or tenancy agreements or rent book or a letter from your landlord for every place you and your supporting partner have lived at together
    Correspondences/mail (including medical certificates/receipts and post marked envelopes) sent to you and your partner at the same address
    o This includes current and old mail and joint and individual mail.
    Evidence of any wills or insurance
    Letters of support from family confirming the length and genuineness of the relationship
    o We accept support letters in the form of emails.
    Any other document that you feel is important and should be taken into account in the assessment of your application

I had sent: Joint account statements
    Power/Internet bills in our names
    Crazy amount of photos from the last 2 years, abroad and in NZ, with his family etc.
    Letters from 4 different friends, who have known us both the whole time
    Statements from us both
    Emails between us
    Proof of shows we went to together and presents bought

We went to buy assets together, but I can't get finance being a non-resident- so he took out a store card and we recently bought a new bed, washer and fridge, which we pay off from our joint account- Will these prove joint assets?
    We booked a holiday to Hawaii this week, leaving on Boxing Day ( on his mums credit card at the moment)- That should provide some sort of evidence of something , I hope.
    I can get his family and mine to write a letter- although I'm not sure what more that will prove. I think we've more than proven our relationship, it's the living together criteria that needs more proof I think.

He doesn't a will and nor do I. He isn't on the tenancy agreement because there are already 3 of us on it and the landlord refused to add another name , without effectively charging me extra for the courtesy.
    He also doesn't pay rent, which we agreed on, because he has mortgages to pay on houses he rents out. He contributes by giving me use of his car and pays towards groceries.
    We don't receive post other than bills; that's the world we live in. Everything is paperless and communication is online. I've already sent upmteen facebook screenshots from friends and emails between the 2 of us.

What more can I give?? I felt like I'd bombarded immigration with evidence that we are in a genuine and stable relationship.

I have just 2 weeks to provide all of this.

Thanks in advance.

joint health insurance policy, do you have it?

Quote Originally Posted by kyozera View Post
    joint health insurance policy, do you have it?
    Hi- Nope- He is spoiled and his parents still pay for all the sons health insurance. We could take out a new one, but then it's costing us money, that we are saving for our future.
    We just spent 4k on household items on a store credit card, which we are paying off monthly. I thought that would go a long way in proving we intend to stay together and are financially committed. Immigration haven't seen this evidence yet, so maybe it will help??

What about car insurance in both your names? House insurance? Does it have to have both your names on it, So like a dental or doctors letter stating that you both have registered at their practice and registered at the same address?

Quote Originally Posted by Living Life View Post
    What about car insurance in both your names? House insurance? Does it have to have both your names on it, So like a dental or doctors letter stating that you both have registered at their practice and registered at the same address?
    Hi - Car insurance is all under his families name. I am not on it at all, but was told it is still legal to drive over here without it. They all borrow each others vehicles because they have a family business and everything is registered to that.
    Contents insurance is something we could ( and should) have by now. We're happy to take out a policy. Not sure how much immigration will value it at this stage of our application though.
    I have a doctors letter from a recent appointment, but he doesn't. Can you request this information from a doctor?
    We have travel insurance from our trip overseas recently and we are going to the USA in December, will have insurance for that also.

Thanks for the ideas folks.

We got our letters from the doctors in the UK and they charged us for the privilege but thats a small price to pay to get your dream I guess so we could not complain - not sure if they would charge you over but its worth asking, all you are asking is for a letter on letter headed paper to say that you have registered with them and living at that address, it cannot hurt to ask! Could you not write a covering letter explaining to immigration the situation you are in with not being able to provide such information and why? Maybe a covering letter of his family to explaining the health insurance/car insurance and if there are any other ways you can show/prove what you need for them?

Have you got some more bills, etc., from just recently? It is very normal that INZ asks for more partnership proof just before they issue the visa, to cover the time the case has been being processed. This is to make sure they're not issuing a visa to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime.

Hi- Yes, I've been saving all the bills still, as I read another of your posts telling people to do this- I've got a pile to send them as well as new evidence.
    We have taken out a contents insurance policy in joint names now and just spent 4k on household items, which is paid for from our joint account. I wrote a letter explaining why we can't give the tenancy and asked what else they would be happy with to satisfy their criteria. I did all this yesterday, after I received the email. I'm hoping this will strengthen our case. It seems the omission of a tenancy agreement is a biggie and our landlord is unwilling to help.

credit card statement which my wife holding a supplementry card ,
    school activities with kids

You could always ask them to send someone out to have a look at you. They sometimes do this without warning on what appears to them to be a suspect case, but as you're totally above board, it wouldn't hurt.