Thread: Partnership-base work visa : London Branch - how much longer must we wait!

Question Partnership-base work visa : London Branch - how much longer must we wait!

Hi guys,

Ill just give you all a quick background of our situation, me and my partner have been together for 1 year and a half now, lived together for 1 year in Europe. I am a NZ citizen for 14 years now and I feel in love with him on my trip back home to Romania. Anyway i stayed in Romania with him and we lived together 6 months, while we took a trip to Paris for a few days also. After that I returned to NZ Auckland for 4 months to finish my last semester at AUT - provided immigration of all Skype calls,vibe,txt messages and photos while we were doing the long distance things.....then returning for a further 8 months and lived together again and travelled around Romania while i did my internship and he worked....I have only recently returned to Auckland to Graduate on the 31st of July and we have submitted his application about a week ago with Tenancy Contract for 12months that we both paid rent etc etc. Many photos, calls, txts, emails, letter from our friends and family, tickets to Paris and London with supporting photos and tickets to movies etc etc. I am just really curious if you guys think there is a high chance for him to join me here in NZ with a 2 year work visa or not really in regards to all the information we have provided. Also , does anyone know what is the next step from here? Still haven't received an email, however I have called the London Branch and they have stated that his documents have arrived. Is there anything further i can ask Immigration to shed light for me also?....I'm just really excited for us to start our lives in New Zealand and I guess it would be super nice if someone could shed some light on our situation so i can relax...!

Thanks Guys,

Vanessa

You can look at INZ London branch's processing times page for their best guess on how things are running at the moment, based on recent averages, while knowing that all timings given are elastic and never a promise, because of the individual nature of every case, and the fact that each single item of evidence is checked thoroughly. A week is no time...

Be aware that you're not alone in your feelings. EVERYBODY with a visa application in is anxious, excited and impatient. Someone on the forum years back came up with the word 'scarecited', to cover the mixture!

Good luck.

Thanks so much for your reply! I hope everyone will have good luck with the applications because we all deserve to live a good life and be where we choose to be!!!! Very scarecited!!!!!