Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC EOI need to apply

Default SMC EOI need to apply

Hi All

I am new to this forum. We have been trying to apply for NZ immigration and have taken the initial steps of filling the EOI online. I am an Indian living in UK for 3 years now.
    I have a MCA from University of Madras and I passed in 2002. When I checked the list for exempt, University of madras is mentioned there but I am not sure if MCA is included. Should I get an assessmnet done?
    My wife has a BT from JNTU, Hyd and it is in the list of exempt from assesment.
    I have work experience of 13+ years in the software industry. I have lived in the US for 4 years and 3 years in UK.
    My occupation (project test manager) is not in any list. does this mean that I cannot apply or am I not searching properly.
    Can I apply under ICT managers nec?
    My IELTS score is 6.5. I had given my IELTS in June 2014. IS it still valid?
    The total points i get is 150 when I filled the EOI. But i do not have a job offer. Can I still go ahead and submit my EOI?
    How much time will it take to get my ITA.
    My son was born in the US and holds US citizenship. do NZ allow dual citizenship?
    I have been with the same company for 10 years, but have worked in various projects and geographies. Do I have to split the work experience details into projects while filling the EOI or can I fill it as a whole?
    Last edited by Sandynar; 27th August 2015 at 09:34 PM.

Hi Sandynar,

My friend is BE, graduated from college which is affiliated to Anna university. When he submitted his EOI, it got rejected. I would suggest you to go for IQA first. I applied for PAR and after hearing my friend's result, I applied to IQA myself and applied to PAR for my wife. My wife is Btech from JNTU,Hyd. If you are claiming points for your wife too, then you have to apply for IQA. I have applied my wife's IQA only after getting my invitation. Though the college is mentioned in the list of exempted colleges, it is better to go with IQA.

IELTS is valid for 2 years. So it should not be a problem. But I am not sure if the IELTS score should be valid till the whole process gets completed. With the points you have, you could still apply for EOI. Please see my signature for approx. timelines.

I suggest someone else would answer rest of the questions as i am not sure about that.

I have a MCA from University of Madras and I passed in 2002. When I checked the list for exempt, University of madras is mentioned there but I am not sure if MCA is included.
    It's not. MCA is not in first chart as being exempt from ANY university, and anyway, it's not mentioned in the lower chart alongside your university. You will need to get the IQA done by NZQA - don't get a PAR, as it's a waste of time and money. As your wife's degree, as well as her university, is in the exempt list, she won't need IQA.

My son was born in the US and holds US citizenship. do NZ allow dual citizenship?
    Yes, it does.

The total points i get is 150 when I filled the EOI. But i do not have a job offer. Can I still go ahead and submit my EOI?
    You don't have to have a job offer. With 140 points or more, your EOI will be selected at the next fortnightly draw, whereas with a job offer, you would get selected with 100 or more, and your application would be prioritized for processing.

I had given my IELTS in June 2014. IS it still valid?
    In theory, IELTS is valid for two years. If your IELTS certificate does not have a 'valid until' date on it, it will continue to count despite the time that has passed. I asked INZ this question some time ago, and that was their answer. Unfortunately and illogically, some IELTS certificates are date limited, and some aren't.

Do I have to split the work experience details into projects while filling the EOI or can I fill it as a whole?
    If all your work has been of basically the same kind, regardless of where you were based or for what project, I think it would be all right to put it as one whole.

Thank you so much for the reply . I will look into applying for IQA now.
    Is it a long process? How much time does it take to get one?
    My occupation (project test manager) is not in any list. does this mean that I cannot apply or am I not searching properly.
    Last edited by Sandynar; 27th August 2015 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandynar View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply . I will look into applying for IQA now.
    Is it a long process? How much time does it take to get one?
    For Normal Assessment it's 35 Working days , and for Fast Track it take 20 days, refer to link for details http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf

Hope this helps

Thank you. will look int it.

What your job title is doesn't matter, but rather the description of your responsibilities. What you need to find is one of the ANZSCO job descriptions that yours will match up to as closely as possible.

Ok Thanks. Will check the description.
    Parallely is there any consultant services where we can apply for a job? or who wll help us in securing a job?

I'll leave that question for the ICT professionals already in NZ to answer. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandynar View Post
    Parallely is there any consultant services where we can apply for a job? or who wll help us in securing a job?
    Yes, you can apply with the Job agencies which put up adwords on TradeMe and Seek - that's just starting point. Also register directly with companies like Spark, Vodafone, WestPac, BNZ, ANZ, The Warehouse (all of these have IT teams and likewise recruitment opportunities) Small,medium & large sized consultancies like Datacom, HP, Stellar consulting etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast