Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistance required to claim LTSST points

Default Assistance required to claim LTSST points

I have done masters in Broadband and Data communication from UNiversity of Westminster UK and Engineering in Electronic from Pakistan. I have applied for bonus points under the long term skills shortage list (LTSST) for ICT Engineer but NZQA accessed my education as A Master of Applied Science degree at level 9 (Specified outcome)and Bachelor degree at level 7 (generic outcome) without any specific name of my degree which is the requirement . They refer me to IPENZ for the registration as a Chartered professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist. Now, I am totally confused as my understanding was that for ICT field doesn’t required IPENZ and NZQA should able to assist me. Please guide me what I have to do to submit my ITA and get bonus points under the Long Term Skills Shortage List (LTSSL) . Also my deadline was very near and my documentation is ready except IPENZ . Now i need assistance to apply IPENZ
    1. What is the difference between KA)! and KA02 and which one do i need to fill
    2. is there any way i can get the extension from ITA as my deadline is very near and got this surprise in the last moment, if so how ?

Quote Originally Posted by alinaqvii View Post
    I have done masters in Broadband and Data communication from UNiversity of Westminster UK and Engineering in Electronic from Pakistan. I have applied for bonus points under the long term skills shortage list (LTSST) for ICT Engineer but NZQA accessed my education as A Master of Applied Science degree at level 9 (Specified outcome)and Bachelor degree at level 7 (generic outcome) without any specific name of my degree which is the requirement . They refer me to IPENZ for the registration as a Chartered professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist. Now, I am totally confused as my understanding was that for ICT field doesn’t required IPENZ and NZQA should able to assist me. Please guide me what I have to do to submit my ITA and get bonus points under the Long Term Skills Shortage List (LTSSL) . Also my deadline was very near and my documentation is ready except IPENZ . Now i need assistance to apply IPENZ

Regardless of your profession, based on my experience i have some general information as follow.

KA01 is filled by those whose degree is accredited by Washington accord and assessment may take about One week, where as KA02 assessment is for those who's degree is not accredited by Washington accord, it's lengthy form where you would need to give combination of examples and may take about 7 to 9 weeks, it's similar to Australian CDR. But from different sources i learned , it may take lesser time, also KA02 is expensive about 1350$ assessment fees.
    In order to know which assessment (KA01/02) , you would need to send an email to IPENZ, your assessment outcome result page must contain the contact email, check your result card and inquire. My personal understanding(not a advise) is you might need KA02 because Pakistani universities are NOT fully accredited by washing accord.

2. is there any way i can get the extension from ITA as my deadline is very near and got this surprise in the last moment, if so how ?
    I don't think you can get any extension, wait for experts to reply you.

Thanks

As it says on page 4 here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf, 'We can give no extensions beyond this time frame.'

What has happened for some, very few, people, is that they have been allowed by INZ to submit the ITA with some piece of evidence missing, if they have contacted INZ and explained the situation. You could try this, but it may not work.

IPENZ is relevant for electronics. You may find that the second, third or fourth links here will help you. https://www.ipenz.org.nz/IPENZ/Caree...eers/index.cfm Which thing you need to apply for can vary according to your personal situation, so you need to wait for someone in your profession to see this, who may be able to help with the detail.

Hi,

Why not to submit for review your Bachelor degree and informed them that you are claiming for a bonus point under LTSSL). I have claimed a bonus points under LTSSL for ICT Telecommunication Engineer with Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specified outcome of Level 7 (Bachelor of Applied Science) which is in list of LTSSL). You need to submit a form to specify your qualification (Bachelor degree) is comparable to one of the list in (LTSSL). Let say "- Bachelor of Engineering with
    Honours (Computer Engineering
    ) or (Computer Systems) or
    (Electronic Engineering) or
    (Electrical and Electronic) or
    (Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    ) or (Electronics and Computer
    Engineering) or (Electronic and
    Computer Systems Engineering) or
    (Network Engineering) or (Software)
    or (Software Engineering) (NZQF
    Level 8)

I forgot that form. Any member in forum, please kindly assist.

Regards,

I think jeremylee99 means the form at Appendix B here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf Did you use that when you sent in to NZQA for your IQA?

Thanks, yes i did, i also emailed IPENZ and today they replied back with KA02 form to start assignment process.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylee99 View Post
    Hi,

Why not to submit for review your Bachelor degree and informed them that you are claiming for a bonus point under LTSSL). I have claimed a bonus points under LTSSL for ICT Telecommunication Engineer with Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specified outcome of Level 7 (Bachelor of Applied Science) which is in list of LTSSL). You need to submit a form to specify your qualification (Bachelor degree) is comparable to one of the list in (LTSSL). Let say "- Bachelor of Engineering with
    Honours (Computer Engineering
    ) or (Computer Systems) or
    (Electronic Engineering) or
    (Electrical and Electronic) or
    (Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    ) or (Electronics and Computer
    Engineering) or (Electronic and
    Computer Systems Engineering) or
    (Network Engineering) or (Software)
    or (Software Engineering) (NZQF
    Level 8)

I forgot that form. Any member in forum, please kindly assist.

Regards,
    Pakistani Universities are NOT fully accredited by washigton accord, so it may require assessment from the respective authorities such as IPENZ etc.

Thanks, yes i did, i also emailed IPENZ and today they replied back with KA02 form to start assignment process.
    You would need to work hard for this, but i belive it's just matter of spending time, Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ambaloch87 View Post
    Pakistani Universities are NOT fully accredited by washigton accord, so it may require assessment from the respective authorities such as IPENZ etc.
    Hi Ambaloch87,

We are talking about here is the Aliqnavii's Qualification which has no specific outcome. And he applied for bonus points for his job "ICT Electronics" under LTSSL. Unless if he applied under Occupational Group " Engineering " then the occupation is Electronic Engineer that's Washington Accord requirements will come into a picture.

Aliqnavii, could you please clarify on this ? in order for everyone will not confuse.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylee99 View Post
    Hi Ambaloch87,

We are talking about here is the Aliqnavii's Qualification which has no specific outcome. And he applied for bonus points for his job "ICT Electronics" under LTSSL. Unless if he applied under Occupational Group " Engineering " then the occupation is Electronic Engineer that's Washington Accord requirements will come into a picture.

Aliqnavii, could you please clarify on this ? in order for everyone will not confuse.

Regards
    Hi Jeremylee99,

I am Not sure about ICT field, but as per my Limited knowledge, what i know is..All the degree which are not accredited by Washington Accord, would need further some sort of Assessment after assessed by NZQA. Now if Washington accord ONLY deal with the engineering degrees, than you have point, and in this case Alinaqvi could inquire from NZQA and explain his case. But i wonder still no post from him regarding mentioned subject.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast